CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Primary Program Sunday

IMG_7331 I woke up at 6:30 this morning b/c my throat hurt so bad.  I’ve been getting sick w/ a cough and runny nose, but luckily I haven’t had a fever or felt like I couldn’t function.  Anyways, I couldn’t go back to sleep so I got up and went over my Young Women’s lesson for today and read some scriptures.  It was a really nice way to start the day.  We hung out and watched TV until it was time to get ready for church. 

I had Nick get a picture of this, b/c this is one of those things we do all the time, but don’t think to take a picture of.  I used to have Autumn sit in the sink when I brushed her hair, but she’s too big for that now.  So, I sit on the edge of the tub to brush her long hair.  I have to keep a towel on my lap while I do it, b/c her hair drips even though I squeeze out as much water as I can before she gets out of the shower.

IMG_7340 Here we are doing our “sassy” pose.  I wish you could see the detail on her pretty white dress.  It’s the same one she wore for the awesome bluebonnet pictures I got of her.  It was the Primary program today and I wanted her to look great, so I did her hair super fancy.  Mom & Aunt Jeri came to listen, and they were disappointed b/c Autumn’s whole class got up and said, “The ten commandments teach me to love God and his children.” She didn’t get a line by herself this year.  Oh, well.  Autumn looked like an angel up there.  She knew all the words to all the songs and did such a fabulous job.  The whole program was very touching.  There’s something so special about hearing little kids share their testimonies through the power of music.

My lesson in Young Women’s went well, and we talked about “Health Care In The Home” which is basically about taking care of older people if they come to live w/ you.  I thought it was a dumb/outdated lesson but I was proved wrong.  The girls and leaders had a lot of insights to share and we had a good discussion.  I couldn’t fill the whole time w/ that, so for the bulk of the lesson we talked about Elder Uchtdorf’s talk from General Conference, “Of Regrets & Resolutions.”  At the end of class I gave them a handout w/ a quote from the lesson and then gave them a Zero candy bar.  I tied it in by saying, “It’s impossible to live with ZERO regrets, but choosing the right can help eliminate some of those regrets.”  I think it went well.

IMG_0508 Right after church, we had our Laurel’s class presidency meeting.  We just met out in the foyer and discussed the girls in our class and planned a few upcoming activities.  Everyone was wanting to get home, so it went pretty fast.  Autumn was such an ANGEL GIRL during the meeting and just sat and colored.  I make sure to praise her and let her know how much I appreciate it when she acts so well.

We went over to Mom & Dad’s and Mom had a roast, carrots, potatoes, & gravy for dinner.  It was super tasty, and so was the Costco pumpkin pie for dessert.  We relaxed and watched football for a while.  We were going to go to Jacob’s 1st birthday party, but I was coughing like crazy and didn’t think that would be good to be around him.  I didn’t want to get him sick.  At 5:30 Autumn & I went visiting teaching.  She likes going w/ me b/c Ashley is so cute w/ her and sits and colors at the table while the adults talk.

After that, we went back to Mom & Dad’s house to hang out and SADLY say good bye to Aunt Jeri.  She is leaving tomorrow to go back to Utah and we are going to miss her SO MUCH!  We found a cute wooden frame that says “Family” at the top and we put a picture of us in our witches’ hats and moustaches in it.  There were definitely some tears shed.  It has been wonderful having her here.  We told her to hurry and come back soon.  By this time, it was already 8:40, so we packed up our stuff and headed home so we could get to bed and be ready for the coming week.

No comments: