CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Spooky Saturday

IMG_0506 I got up early this Saturday to go get my nails done at 9:00.  They were really grown out.  It’s my treat to myself once a month.  Some women spend money on haircuts, or make up or clothes or shoes.  My self splurge is getting my nails done.

IMG_7302 I got home at 10:30 just in time to meet w/ Sis. Lee.  She came over to talk about the Young Women and how we can help them and how things are going.  She was here for 2 hours, and when she left Autumn & I got cleaned up and hit the road.  We ran some errands and went to a few stores.  Then we went to Mom & Dad’s house for a while.  I baked cupcakes for the Halloween party tonight so they would have time to cool.  Autumn was so tired but wouldn’t hold still long enough to sleep.  Papa finally got her to come snuggle w/ him and they both feel asleep while watching football.  I finished my birthday door puzzle and then it was time to wake Autumn up so we could get her ready for the party.

IMG_7307 She got dressed in her Tiana dress and I did her hair in a princess poof.  You can’t tell in this pic, but I did some green eye makeup to match her dress.  We found the make up at the $1 Store.  Autumn wanted me to get a picture of her w/ her Tiana doll.  SO CUTE!

IMG_7316 We hurried home so I could get in my costume and then we rushed off the a party at Bobbie’s house.  It was so nice of her to invite us, and we had a BLAST!  She went ALL OUT and her house was decorated to the 9’s.

IMG_7317 She had this craft table set up for the kids where they could scratch off the black stuff on these masks to reveal colors underneath and make a design.

IMG_7320 Bobbie gathered all the kids around and made some zombie juice.  She put dry ice in a metal bowl at the bottom of this plastic cauldron along w/ some lime sherbet, Sprite, and frozen grapes to look like eyeballs.

IMG_7322 Outside there were some games set up for the kids.  Autumn wanted to try bobbing for apples, but she couldn’t get the hang of it and never did get her apple.

IMG_7323 You can see Autumn’s green eye makeup better in this pic.  This was a game where there were some gummi worms in the bottom of the bowl and they were covered w/ whipped cream and Autumn had to use just her face to get the worms.  She thought it was so fun to get all messy.

IMG_7309 In one of the back rooms, Bobbie had a spooky room set up.  It had a black light along w/ some scary decorations.  There were also these 4 cardboard boxes w/ holes cut in the front of them.  You stuck your hand inside each box and felt what was in there.  For the bones she had dog treats, for eyes she had olives, for guts she had cooked spaghetti, and for brains she had jell-o.  Autumn loved it and wanted to keep going back in there.

IMG_7326 I loved all of these cute labels that she had on the sodas.  Like I said, she went ALL OUT.  Even the food table was festive and fit w/ the whole evening.

IMG_7328We stayed for 2 hours, and then we had to leave so I could get Autumn Bottom home to bed.  Autumn wanted to get a picture near the graveyard in the front yard.  It was a GREAT night and I’m so glad we got to do something fun that created some GREAT memories.

No comments: