CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

This Is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween

P1080356 I had seen this idea on Pinterest of using plastic spider rings as part of a Halloween hairdo.  It turned out really cute.  I’ll have to remember this every year, b/c it was really easy to do and looked awesome.

IMG_0514 Autumn’s class went on a field trip today to a pumpkin patch.  One of the Mom’s took a picture w/ her phone and was kind enough to text it to me.  I’m so thankful for people like that who document things like this and are willing to share those of us who couldn’t be there.  That’s why if I ever take pictures of something I’m more than happy to share if anyone asks for the pics.

P1080359-001 Autumn also got to have a Halloween party at her daycare after school.  They had a Halloween costume parade, so I dropped off her costume at daycare before I went to work this morning.  Mom was a life saver and went and got her for me after school so she could have a little down/relaxing time before things got crazy again.  Mom fed her some dinner and then did her makeup.

IMG_7390 We rushed home so I could do her hair and so we could both get into our costumes.  Then we hurried outside so we could get some good pictures before it got dark.

IMG_7382 She wanted to wear her cute matching dress shoes, but I told her we’d be doing a lot of walking and talked her into wearing her cute brown boots.  She makes such a pretty Princess Tiana.

IMG_7388 I know I’m biased b/c she’s my daughter, but I think she is such a beautiful little girl.  We got the crown & wand at the $1 store.  I think it helps to just complete the whole outfit.

IMG_7393 Earlier today I had texted Debbie to see if she knew which neighborhoods were good to go trick-or-treating at b/c I’ve never taken Autumn before.  She offered to let us join them and the Joyner’s for dinner and trick-or-treating.  So, once we finished taking pictures we hurried over to the Joyner’s house to have some chili and fun Halloween foods (like cheese puffs were called pumpkin poop).  Then it was time to go trick-or-treating.  Here’s the fun crew.

IMG_7395 I had never taken Autumn trick-or-treating before b/c she was too young and we would just go to our Church’s trunk-or-treat.  It was perfect for her age.  But, we missed our trunk-or-treat last night b/c we were at Trail Dust.  So, I figured this would be a great year to let her experience it.  She just followed the other kids’ lead.

IMG_7397 At first she was really shy about it, but as the night went on she got braver and would go up to the door by herself.  But, I love it that she was so sweet about it and never greedy.  She always made sure to tell everyone thank you and was truly appreciative.

IMG_7398 It was the perfect neighborhood to have her first experience, b/c we saw a lot of people from church and there were no rude or obnoxious teenagers.  Autumn was SO EXCITED to run into Kylie.  We just had to get a picture of the two of them.

IMG_7400 The highlight of the evening for Autumn was this scary robot.  Someone had bulit this on a wheeled platform and was making it go up and down the street and in circles w/ a remote control.  It was actually really creepy/cool and all the kids in the neighborhood loved it.

IMG_7411 We were only out trick-or-treating for about 40 minutes but it felt a lot longer b/c it was so dark.  I couldn’t believe it was only 7:30 pm!  We saw Anne Marie, which was fun for Autumn.
 IMG_7412We got home and I had Autumn dump all her candy on the floor so we could look through it and make sure everything was OK.  Plus, it’s fun to see it all spread out on the floor.  Autumn gets to be student of the week and they send home this stuffed animal, so we’ve been taking pictures w/ him & Autumn a lot for us to use on her poster.

IMG_7421I know this picture is blurry, but I think it’s fun.  Autumn was not at all interested in the good stuff like the chocolate, she just wanted the fruity stuff like Laffy Taffy.  Yay for me!  I took my “Mom candy tax” which included a full-sized Snickers bar!  That was nice of someone to give out full-sized candy bars.

IMG_7418 It was such a TERRIFIC first time trick-or-treating experience for my Princess Tiana.  She had an incredible time and I’m so glad we got to go out w/ some other families from church.  I kept commenting to Natalie & Debbie that I was trying to soak up every second of the evening and be present in it.  This is such a short period of time where she’ll want me to go trick-or-treating w/ her.  In just a few years she’ll want to go off w/ her friends and not have me along.  I almost got teary eyed as we walked down the street holding hands, b/c I know that is such a short lived thing and I wanted to bask in every second of it.  We’re so blessed & my heart is just so full.  My cup runneth over!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

1 comment:

Craftcherry said...

She makes a gorgeous Princess Tiana. Love her spider hair...that is really just a fantastic idea.