CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Trail Dust Tie Tuesday

P1080347 This was the gorgeous sunrise this morning on the way to school.

IMG_7348On my lunch break today, I went over to Goodwill to buy some ugly ties.  I found some doozies and they were just $1.59 each!  I was shocked when I saw they also sell adult diapers at Goodwill.  What the what!??!  I also got to do some really interesting people watching while I waited in line forever to check out.

IMG_7350After work/school, Mom & Dad picked up Autumn & Nick and met me at work.  We drove over to Trail Dust together so we could meet up w/ Aunt Sandy and her brother’s family.  They drove down from Colorado for their fall break, and we wanted to say hi and spend some time w/ them.  The girls look great in their Goodwill ties.

IMG_7353 I thought Autumn would be so excited to go down the big slide, b/c she loved it last year.  But, as you can see from this picture she was pretty scared to go down.  She would only go down if one of Jennie’s girls.  They were so sweet to keep taking her down.

IMG_7370 I got the chicken fried chicken and about died when I saw how huge the platter was.  This picture doesn’t do it justice, b/c it was a LOT of food.  Sorry the contrast on this is so wonky.  I had to make it dark so the platter of food stands out, b/c otherwise it’s just too blown out.  I got this cute pink cowboy hat at Goodwill for just $1.50!

IMG_7357 We were eating our food when our waitress came over to the table ringing a loud bell.  She announced to the whole restaurant that we had some rule breakers at the table.  Ties are not allowed, so they had to be punished.  Autumn looks scared in this picture, but she’s really not.  She was just intently listening.

IMG_7360 I don’t know if these scissors were completely dull, or if it was the monkey tie Nick was wearing, but she could NOT cut through that thing.  She sat there trying to cut it for a good minute and a half.  We were all laughing and razzing Nick about wearing a tie made of steel.  She finally cut the bottom off and the whole restaurant cheered.

IMG_7365 After that, one of the male servers came over and cut the 3 girls’ ties.  Autumn was so happy to get her tie cut off.

IMG_7367 Such a fun picture of all the cut ties.  Nick’s facial expression cracks me up.

IMG_7369 They had all 4 of them fill out a card so they could attach it to their tie and tack it up on the wall in the restaurant.  Next time we’re there (I hope meeting up at Trail Dust is an annual tradition) we’ll have to look for their ties.

IMG_7375  While we ate, some more little kids came to the restaurant so Autumn tried going down the slide by herself a few times and loved it.  She spent the rest of the night going down the slide.  She even got daring and by the end of the night she was putting her arms up in the air and doing fancy arm poses when she got to the bottom.  She cracks me up.

IMG_7378Here’s our motley crew.  It was such a fabulous evening w/ fun family.  It was great to see Rich, Cassie, Jennie & the girls again.  They are family by marriage (not blood) but that doesn’t matter at all.  They are family to me and it makes me so happy to get to see them and spend time w/ them.

No comments: