CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Make Up, Trains, Turkeys, Nativities, & Dancing

IMG_7873 We had a yummy breakfast this morning that Mom & Jon made.  After breakfast we made Lexie go get cleaned up for the day, and after I finished doing dishes I noticed Autumn wasn’t running around in the living room.  I went to find her and wasn’t surprised to find her getting make up put on by Aunt Lexie.  Lexie gave her a little bit of a “cat eye” w/ the eyeliner and Autumn thought she was the Queen of Sheba.  She walked around all morning telling all of us that she was Catwoman!  That girl L-O-V-E-S make up!

IMG_7877 The kids kept begging Papa to put up the Christmas train and even though he’s still super sick, he went and set it up for them.  I was busy helping Mom so I handed Jon the camera and these are some of the cute shots he got.

IMG_7889 This one was my favorite out of the bunch b/c any time someone is on the floor, that equals wrestling time for Jackson.  Looks like he’s got Papa in quite a head grip here.  SO CUTE!

IMG_7895 After they were done w/ the train, we had a bunch of food scraps that needed to be taken out to the compost.  Mom & I were trying to get lunch ready & the kids were being loud and crazy so Dad & Jon took them over to Curt’s to feed the scraps to the goats & farm animals.  Again, I sent my camera w/ them and told them to take some pics for me.  I didn’t know Curt’s turkeys had gotten so big & pretty.  Last time I saw them, they were little babies.

IMG_7906 Curt’s dog had puppies not too long ago, so the kids got to love on them.

IMG_7914 Big kudos to Lexie for getting this ADORABLE picture of the kids holding hands w/ the Dad’s while they crossed the street.  So cute!

IMG_7920While we waited for lunch to finish cooking, we took full advantage of having Jon & Nick over at the house and we lugged down all of Mom’s nativities for the big crèche display our Church does every year.  Her nativities took up 1/2 the garage b/c she has so many.

IMG_7923After lunch, I had to fly home, shower, change into church clothes and rush off to church.  I got there for the last hour so I could teach Young Women’s.  The lesson on Using Time Wisely went well and for the treat I gave them Now & Laters.  After church I went back to Mom & Dad’s so Nick could leave and go to his ward and I could stay w/ Autumn.  She wanted to have a dance party, so we did.  Papa came home from work in the middle of our dance party and Autumn suckered him into picking her up and spinning her around.  He’s such a good Papa b/c she’s like a 60 lb sack of flour and he doesn’t feel well at all, but he did it for just a little bit b/c it made her so happy.

We ate dinner and then had to leave b/c our home teachers came over at 6:30.  After they left, Autumn & I snuggled up on the couch and watched Once Upon A Time.  Then it was a shower for her and off to bed.

We had such a fun-filled long weekend.  I’m thankful for the time we got to relax and spend time w/ family and create memories.  It’s going to be so hard to get back into the routine of work & school tomorrow!

No comments: