Saturday, November 10, 2012

My Free Saturday In Snapshots

P1080467 This morning we got up at 7:45 so I could get Autumn showered, packed, fed, and ready to go.  Mom & Dad were going down to Austin so Mom could see her babies and so Dad could help Jon put up a guardrail around their back patio.  I wanted to go too, but couldn’t b/c of church commitments I have tonight & tomorrow, so they said they’d take Autumn so she could play w/ Andrew.  Autumn asked for pancakes this morning, so I let her help me.  Her favorite part is popping the air bubbles that form.

We had about 30 minutes to spare before Mom & Dad came to pick her up.  We played some Just Dance 3 and then sat and snuggled on the couch.  Autumn was so concerned about what I was going to do while she was gone.  She gave me a list of things to do which included doing lots and lots of sit-ups and making sure that I brushed all of her Barbies’ hair.  LOL!

IMG_0533 After they left, Nick & I spent the morning just vegging and watching TV and I worked on my Project Life album for a while.  I kept waiting for a call to know when to take Jocey & her Aunt to the airport.  Maggie’s Mom died a few days ago and they were all going up to Utah for the funeral.  I FINALLY heard back at 11:30 that I should meet them at the house at 12:00.  I did and we were 45 minutes late in leaving for the airport.  But, we made it in time and they both caught their flights.

IMG_0535 I knew on the way home I would be passing by Sam Moon’s and I haven’t been there in forever, so I was tempted to stop in and just look around.  But, I had to remind myself that I’m saving up $ to buy Christmas gifts, so I went to the $1 Jewelry Store instead (sorry this pic is so blurry).  I didn’t go crazy there, but I did find some earrings that just SCREAMED my name, so I used my birthday $ to buy them.  It was so nice to just take my time and not feel rushed by a little person that was bored.

IMG_0536 By this time, it was already 2:30, so I stopped at Taco Cabana & got Nick & I a Cabana Bowl.  It’s such a great deal for so much food.  I ran by the $1 Store quickly to see if they had a few things I needed.  Then I went to Mom & Dad’s so Nick & I could eat lunch.

IMG_7467 We spent the rest of the afternoon updating the XBox so we could play Just Dance 3 w/ the Kinect actually working.  All I had to do was burn the update onto a CD, put it in the XBox and it worked great!  Nick & I were working up quite a sweat & had to open the windows and turn on the fan to cool it off in the living room.

IMG_7483Curt & his grandkids came over to say hi for a little bit.  I had taken off my pants b/c I was so stinkin’ hot and so when he knocked on the door (luckily we had it locked) I let out a yell and ran and wrapped up in a blanket really quick before Nick let them in.  It was pretty funny!  We sat & visited for a while & then I had to leave so I could go home and change into a dress and head over to the church.

There was a mini youth conference and dance afterwards, and I got to chaperone the dance.  I actually didn’t chaperone, b/c they assigned me to do the purse & coat check.  It was fun b/c I just sat there and visited w/ Sis. Jones the whole night.  The dance ended at 10:30 and we got a big rush of girls needing their purses/cell phones then, but that was it.  I came home to an empty house and was going to stay up and work on blogging & pictures, but I was tired so I crawled into my bed and went to sleep.  It was FABULOUS to get to sleep diagonally and take up the whole bed and not get woken up by crying in the middle of the night.

No comments: