CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Reading Incentive

P1080388 This morning we were having so much fun at Papa & Mimi’s that I didn’t realize we only had 30 minutes to go home and get ready for church before we needed to be at church.  So, we rushed home and changed clothes really quick and got a quick picture before heading out the door.  I got this dress at my favorite kid’s consignment store a few months ago for only $4.50.  I love the bright colors and floral print.  I have no idea what Autumn is doing w/ her fingers.

I have a confession to make:  I really wasn’t wanting to go to church today.  Usually I look forward to it but for some reason today I just wasn’t excited about going.  But, I know that ESPECIALLY on the Sundays I don’t want to go, I need to.  It’s good for both Autumn & I to be there.

P1080393 After church, we went over to Mom & Dad’s house to eat dinner and veg out.  Mom started a great idea for Autumn to read more.  She got her a present and put these 15 numbered pieces of tape on the back of it.  For every book that Autumn reads, she gets to take off a piece of tape.

P1080395 Once all the tape is gone, she earns this present.  We read Green Eggs & Ham together so she could take another piece of tape off.  She like the repetition in that book b/c it gave her a boost of confidence towards the end to read lots of words that she had learned as the book went on.

Autumn wanted to watch a movie, so we put on the Wizard Of Oz.  It’s crazy to think it was made back in the 1930’s.  It was a nice and relaxing Sunday evening, and it stinks that it’s already time to go back to work tomorrow.  Why do the weekends go so fast?  Plus, now that it’s daylight savings, the day seemed to go by faster b/c it got dark so early.  I was so glad to have an extra hour of sleep this morning, but Autumn’s body didn’t know about the time change so I put her to bed at 7:30 since it felt like 8:30 to her.  I don’t like that it gets dark so early now.

Once I got her in bed, I got my plumeria ring that I got in Hawaii w/ Tara and took it over to Mary’s house.  My ring cracked at the base of the plumeria b/c it got stuck on a grocery cart.  Jordan is a jeweler and he fixed it for me once before, and he was at Mary’s house and said he can fix it for me again.  I stayed and talked for a little bit and then headed home so I can go to bed.

No comments: