CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Caleb’s Baptism & Johnson Family Mele Kalikimaka Party

IMG_8109 This morning started early b/c we had to eat breakfast, get cleaned up, and head out the door to Caleb’s baptism.  It was a 45 minute drive and we got there earlier than we thought, which was great.  In our church children get baptized at age 8 or older (whenever they are ready).

IMG_8112 This is such a sweet picture of Caleb w/ Robert & Sandy.  It was a nice baptismal service and I’m glad we were able to be there to support Caleb.  As soon as it was over, we took off to rush home and get ready for our big Johnson Christmas party at my house.

IMG_8118 I decided months ago that we would do a Mele Kalikimaka theme and told everyone to come wearing whatever Hawaiian/tropical clothes they had.  I had this little grass skirt that fit Jackson perfectly, so we put him in that.  Lexie, Jon, Nick & Mom all jumped in and helped me put up the decorations and pull it all together.  I couldn’t have done it w/out them.

IMG_8126 Everyone received a plastic lei when they came through the door while we yelled “Aloha” and played the song Mele Kalikimaka by Bing Crosby.

IMG_8129 As you can see behind Emily in the background and around the island, we had it all decked out.  For food we had Hawaiian haystacks w/ all types of fixin’s and an Asian cabbage salad.  Emily made yummy tropical drinks, Heather & Rocky brought Hawaiian rolls, and Aunt Sandy did dessert.

IMG_8133 This was definitely NOT a lagging party!  Look at all the fun everyone was having.  I have SO MUCH tropical stuff that I had a bunch of extra sarongs for people to wear.  After everyone ate, we had the kids do a Christmas craft at the table while we waited for a special guest to come.

IMG_8182 Our special guest came and even brought a present for each of the kids and he knew all their names!  When I took this picture I told everyone to say “Aloha” which is why some people have their mouths open like they’re singing.  Notice the big pink flamingo on the Christmas tree and the tropical items on the wall in the background.

IMG_8184 After Santa came, it was time to exchange gifts.  This year at Thanksgiving we picked names b/c there are just too many of us to give gifts to everyone.  So, we all shared our gifts w/ each other.  This picture makes me so happy b/c I love having family filling my home and creating memories and strengthening our bonds.  My cup runneth over.

IMG_8187 Aunt Sandy said she had a surprise for all of the girls.  She made us all these aprons from jean skirts that she got super cheap at Goodwill.  They are TOO CUTE!  Autumn wasn’t in this picture b/c she was having a melt down and was in time out in my room.

P1080752After we exchanged gifts, we had our white elephant gifts.  It was fun for everyone except for poor Andrew.  He didn’t understand the idea of white elephant gifts and kept getting girly or lame stuff.  He got upset and started crying.  We couldn’t help but laugh at the situation.  After that, the kids went outside to play and run around in the backyard while the adults sat and visited.  Everyone left around 4:30 and I helped Mom pack up all the food she brought over and she and the kids went back to her house.

I jumped in the car and headed off to a Costco that was an hour away just to get a washi tape dispenser w/ 20 rolls of washi tape!  For 1/2 the price of what I would have paid online, it was worth it.  Plus, it was nice to just drive and unwind from the craziness of the day.  Now that my work party, Mom’s ward Christmas party, and this Johnson family party are over I can slow down and enjoy the season.  Those were big stressful events, and I’m glad to have them behind me.

No comments: