CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Cash

P1080611 Today’s prompt was “Hide your elf in your pantry and make it look like she’s munching on something yummy.”  Autumn kept asking me all the way to school & even after school why Rosy Posy was eating her fruit snacks.  She thought that was so funny that Rosy Posy would do that.

On my lunch break today I went to WalMart to do some Christmas shopping.  Lexie & I decided to start a new tradition this year & all years going forward where Santa will only bring 3 Christmas presents to the kids, b/c that’s all that Baby Jesus got.  Then I’ll wrap any other little presents I have for her and put them under the tree.  I also got some presents for her teacher b/c we are going to do the 12 days of Christmas.  We’re using the 12 days from A Bushel & A Peck’s idea.  She even has the cute sayings on a tag for each day.

IMG_7956 Mom made her yummy potato, carrot, chicken & barley soup for dinner.  It’s so delicious.  After dinner Mom had to go to Scouts & Autumn & I left to run some errands.  We went to the $1 Store so Autumn could get some Christmas gifts for family & friends.  I found these $1,000,000 candy bars for my lesson on Sunday.  I’ll share more about that Sunday.  Too bad these aren’t real.  That would be nice!

IMG_7957The $1 Store didn’t have what we needed (GASP, I know!) so we went to Target to get a few things.  I have read on a few blogs about these new 4x6 Journal Cards from We R Memory Keepers.  LOVE THEM!  I also really like the layout of the 6 vertical photos & cards.  Maybe Becky Higgins will make plastics w/ that layout (hint, hint).  LOL…as if she ever reads my blog.

I’ve decided that other than a few Christmas gifts I have left to get and presents for Autumn’s birthday in January, I am putting a cease & desist on all spending (other than necessities like gas & groceries).  I am frugal & don’t just spend like crazy, but things are so expensive!  Plus, there’s so many people on my list to get Christmas presents for, and that list only includes close family members and teachers.

No comments: