CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Trek Through The Mud To Get Eggs

I got to teach today for the first time using the new youth curriculum.  It was about Heavenly Father, and I had been planning my lesson for weeks.  It was also ward conference, so I had one of the counselors in the stake presidency and the Stake Young Women’s president in my class.  But, that didn’t bother me or stress me out at all.  I actually love to teach and was excited they were there.  Anyways, the lesson was going great until about 1/2 way through.  I was reading a quote and I started to tear up.  Next thing I know, I was sobbing uncontrollably to the point I couldn’t talk and I was doing the ugly cry.  I couldn’t finish what I was reading and had to hand it off to one of the girls to finish.  I finally got control of myself and continued on w/ the lesson.

Then at the end of the lesson I was bearing my testimony about how much Heavenly Father loves each of them, and I lost it again!  I tried talking through the tears, but it was bad.  I think I was so emotional b/c I had been thinking about the girls for weeks while planning the lesson.  I felt the Spirit so strong.  I wanted them to feel how much Heavenly Father loves them, and I felt a fraction of what He feels for them.  Hopefully they felt the Spirit too and didn’t think I was just a crazy lady.

IMG_0617I was so tired from staying up so late last night putting together my 2013 Project Life binders.  I just wanted to take a little nap, but that didn’t happen.  Nick called to say that they were having a Linger Longer after church and he was supposed to bring something.  I asked Nick what he was supposed to bring and he said he didn’t know, but he thought maybe a lasagna or dessert.  WHAT?!?!  So, I went to look in the freezer but Mom didn’t have a lasagna.  So, I decided to make Aunt Jeri’s brownies b/c I had a hankerin’.  Mom had everything for those except for eggs.

So, Autumn & I walked over to Curt & Mary’s to borrow some eggs.  Usually they would be gone to church b/c they’re in the same ward as Mom & Dad.  But Mary was home sick and gave us a dozen eggs b/c their chickens are producing so many.  We had to go around on the big retaining wall b/c it was too muddy to just walk up and down the hill.  Autumn & I were laughing so hard as we tried to maneuver around the bushes and not step on the lamb’s ear.  It was pretty comical.  We made the brownies and then took them over to Nick at the church by 6:00.  Autumn & I went home and watched Once Upon A Time and then went to bed.

No comments: