CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Eating Cereal With A Fork

P1080889We didn’t have anything on the schedule for today, so we got to sleep in.  We got a fun surprise wake up when Papa came over and brought us some cereal.  To make it fun, he put it in our little tupperware cups and we ate it w/ forks!  He knows how to take something so simple and make it so fun & exciting.  He had been over at the big state wrestling match to see if there were any medical issues w/ ring worm or staph infections.  No one had any issues, so he came over to eat breakfast w/ us before the meets started at 9:00.

He left at 9:00 to go back to the wrestling match, and so Autumn & I took the ornaments off the tree, boxed the tree, put away all the Christmas decorations, vacuumed, and then helped Uncle Nick put it all up in the attic.

lsh Mom came over at 11:30 and brought us some lunch and we watched Little Shop of Horrors (on VHS), so when we go see the play on Thursday, Autumn won’t be asking questions non stop.  This way she could ask all the questions she wanted and we could answer them for her.  She had a lot of questions about why a plant would want to eat humans!  It really is a weird and random movie.  I’m really hoping that the play is going to be much better than the movie, b/c we could barely stand to sit through the movie.

Mom left around 3:00 to go home and get some things done.  We just stayed in our jammies and hung out, did 6 loads of laundry, did dishes, and just relaxed and played and watched The Help.  It was nice to not have to be anywhere or do anything.  It’s nice to have that balance of down time on the weekend after such a busy and regimented week.

P1080892 I got cleaned up at 5:00 so I could get ready to go chaperone a youth dating conference.  Mom came over at 5:45 to watch Autumn for me b/c Nick was at work.  Mom said they were going to go out for a Mimi/Autumn date.  When Mom came in the house, she brought in a box that was out on the porch.  It was an Amazon.com box and I let out a yell and jumped up and down and did a happy dance.  It was my Olive Edition of Project Life for 2013.  Amazon.com showed that it could be delivered as early as Tuesday or as late as Thursday, so I was beyond thrilled that it already came!  I didn’t really get a chance to look at it though, b/c I had to leave to meet up w/ some of the young women that needed a ride.

P1080896 It was just for the Laurels & Priests (16-18 year olds), but it included 8 stakes!  So, there were a LOT of kids there.  They had a dating fireside w/ skits and talks and it was so good.  The best part was when Brad Wilcox talked.  He was SO FUNNY but also made some great points.  After that, they had a dance and tried to pair the youth up w/ someone they didn’t know so they could go on a date in the future and put into practice some of the things they had learned at the fireside.  Karri was there and we worked in the coat check the whole night and it was a lot of fun to just sit and visit.  After the dance was over, it was pure pandemonium b/c all the kids came at once, but we were organized and we got them their coats and purses and cell phones in record time.

IMG_8421I dropped off the 2 girls that rode w/ me at their houses, and then as soon as I got home at 11:30 I busted into that Olive Edition.  I laid out all the title cards the way I wanted them to go into the binder.  Then I paired up some matching title cards and journaling cards.  Once I had it the way I wanted it, I put them into the Design A pages I had in my We R Memory Keepers kiwi binder.  Before I knew it, it was already 1:30 am!  I haven’t stayed up that late in a LONG time!  I’ll probably regret it in the morning, but it was totally worth it.

No comments: