CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year’s 2013

chapter 13 page 1 of 365 I saw this floating around on Pinterest and absolutely ADORE it!  What a great concept and way of looking at each day.  That’s one of the main reasons I blog each day…is to capture that precious day of my life in words, photographs, and thoughts.  That way my posterity can look back and see what my life was like.  Recently my Aunt Tafta sent the whole family an email w/ journals from my Grandma that she had found and typed up.  Those words are so precious to me, b/c she shares her triumphs, struggles, joys, and everyday things from her life.  She probably didn’t think much about it at the time, but words like these are priceless to me:

January 6, 1977
Today Kerry flew in from his mission (Ohio, Columbus). He is tall and older and very handsome. I am proud to have such a fine son. He really radiates the light of the Gospel.  All of our family except Wesley was here to greet him. Wesley could not get off work. Lisa Hatch, the girl who has waited for Kerry was here to greet him with us.  I am a very proud and happy mother.  I wonder how we succeeded in raising a son worthy to represent the Lord Jesus Christ. Kerry is a very special person.  I have sensed this for some time.  He was such a goer when he was little.  He nearly wore me out.  I never set back in a chair when I went back to visit anyone.  Kerry got into too many things.  But, as he has grown older he has turned this same going energy into worthwhile endeavors.

So, even though it takes a lot of time and effort, I will continue to blog as much as I can.

IMG_8392 We had a rough morning b/c poor Andrew was sick and threw up all over the floor.  Mom & Lexie gave him and Jackson a bath & Jon was packing up the car so I cleaned up the throw up.  Autumn hadn’t showered in a few days, so I gave her a bath once the boys were done.  Lexie & Jon & the boys left to go home b/c Jon has to work tomorrow.  I got Autumn in her jammies and she sat and snuggled w/ Mimi and she fell asleep b/c it was quiet and all the fun was over.

IMG_8393 Uncle Keith needed something manly to do b/c there was too much estrogen in the house, so he cleaned the guns that he and Dad had used yesterday.

IMG_8394We just spent the quiet and calm day relaxing and recovering from all the holiday hoopla.  We watched The Family Stone after lunch, and Autumn took another nap!  She must have been really exhausted.  In the afternoon she wanted to play a game so I got out pick up sticks and taught her how to play that.  She LOVED it b/c she won (I totally let her) 3 times in a row. 

Tonight Autumn & I came home and cleaned up the house so Aunt Jana & Uncle Keith could come over and see it after they went to visit Nick at work.  They are leaving to go home tomorrow, so we said our good byes since Autumn will be at school and I’ll be at work when they leave.  We LOVED having them here and I’m so glad that Aunt Jana booked them tickets at the last minute.  It’s so fun to spend time w/ extended family.  Today was a nice 1st day of 2013.

No comments: