CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday Scars

IMG_0625Church today was wonderful until Young Women’s.  We had 2 girls in our class that were SO disruptive and loud, even with me sitting right next to them.  I gave them a few looks to knock it off, and they would quiet down for a minute, but then start back up again.  I wanted to tell them to grow up and stop it, but I didn’t want to drive away the Spirit and make things awkward for everyone in the room.  I finally kindly said to them, “Can y’all keep it down?  I’m trying to listen.  Thank you.”  I felt so bad for Sis. Lee b/c she was teaching, but she did great and just ignored them and kept on teaching.  We’re going to have to do some deep thinking and praying about how to help these 2 girls.

Anyways, after church we went over to Mom & Dad’s house to eat and relax.  Autumn wanted to rough house, so we were playing around and she went to swat at me and scratched me.  It didn’t hurt at first, but a few minutes later it started to burn.  I was shocked when I went into the bathroom and saw how deep the scratches were!  Time to cut her sharp little talon fingernails!

At 7:00 I went to a Bishop Youth Discussion.  We talked about the new youth scripture for the year and what it means to stand in holy places and be not moved.  It was a really great discussion, and I love hearing the youth talk about spiritual things.  It’s nice to see some of the youth that “get it”.  I need to do a better job, as a mother, of teaching Autumn so that she “gets it” too.

No comments: