CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Goats, A Lizard, A Bike & A Beard

IMG_9046 This morning Autumn & I got up and cleaned the house.  She put away all her clean clothes and picked up her room.  After that we had some lunch and then left to run some errands.  We went and got the oil changed in the Escape & then we went over to Curt & Mary’s to feed the goats some apples we had that were going bad.

IMG_9047 They had these beautiful white iris all around the base of their tree.  Y’all know we had to stop for a quick photo op.  Any ideas on what to do w/ Autumn’s bangs while they’re growing out?  I’ve pinned them back w/ bobby pins, tried twisting them into a cool hair do, but they always come loose after a few hours.  This is going to be a long process.  Ugh.

IMG_9049 In their front yard they had this big tree w/ gorgeous pink blossoms.  I never get tired of Springtime!

We went over to Mom & Dad’s house to let Emma out since Nick had left to go to work.  We ended up watching 2 movies on TV that are 20 years old this year.  The first was Sleepless In Seattle (June 25, 1993) and then The Sandlot (April 7, 1993).  How is it possible that both those movies are already 20 years old?  That makes me feel really old.  I still to this day say, “You’re killing me smalls” on a regular basis.  Such classics movies!

IMG_9052After watching TV for so long, we needed to get out and get some exercise & fresh air.  Plus, the weather was perfect…cloudy & cool.  We were walking past the garden fence to go get Autumn’s bike out of the shed when we saw our favorite lizard walking along the fence.  He would stop and stick out this weird red thing from his neck.  I’ve never seen him do that before, and wondered what was wrong w/ him.  Then Autumn spotted another small lizard, so I’m assuming that was the female and the male was showing off for her.  Kind of cool/weird to see this, b/c I didn’t know his throat could do that.  Sorry it’s blurry, but I was taking this pic from really far away and had to crop it way in to show his red neck.

IMG_9059 I got a little too close and he ran onto a branch of the wisteria plant.  He went from a bright vibrant green to this dark green around his legs and arms and his body turned brown within a matter of seconds.  It was SO COOL to watch!  A few seconds after I snapped this pic, he was all brown!

IMG_9075 I just love this pretty tree w/ pink blossoms and the purple iris next to the bridge we crossed over on our walk.

IMG_9084 Autumn has gotten SO STINKIN’ tall lately even though I expressly forbid her everyday from growing up.  It was really apparent as she was riding her bike, b/c not that long ago the bike seemed way too big for her and now it’s flipped and she seems too big for the bike.

IMG_9085 Mom & Dad finally got home from the Book of Mormon Pageant & Autumn couldn’t get over how different Papa looked w/ his beard colored dark.  She kept asking what happened to the gray.  Look at her super sweaty head!

P1090475 We stayed and talked to them for a while, and then Autumn was getting crazy and they wanted some peace & quiet to relax from the busy weekend.  Autumn & I came home, and this was the beautiful vie on the drive home.  Such a good reminder that Easter is tomorrow and that Christ was resurrected.

P1090479 We hurried and got ready and went over to the church for the General Young Women’s broadcast.  We got there 12 minutes to 7:00 and there was only one other person there!  The equipment wasn’t set up for the broadcast, so Sis. Lee pulled it up on her phone and just set her phone next to the microphone so we could at least listen to it until they got the feed w/ picture going.

All of the talks were excellent about how to “stand in Holy places and be not moved.”  I especially liked Elder Uchtdorf’s talk about how we all have our own “journey stories,” which immediately made me think of Project Life and how thankful I am that I have such a great and simple way to record my “journey story.”  It was nice having my Autumn girl there w/ me even though she isn’t 12 years old yet.  I got a little teary eyed when I thought of the day when she’s a new 12 year old Beehive.  That day will be here before I know it.

P1090484 After the broadcast, we went over to Sis. Lee’s house for ice cream sundaes.  She had all sorts of fun toppings and sauces and even cute little ice cream cone bowls.  We visited w/ the other ladies & Young Women there and then had to run to WalMart to get a few groceries.  It was late (9:30) when we finally got home, so I hurried and put Autumn girl to bed.  It was a WONDERFUL Saturday, and I’m glad I got to spend the whole entire day w/ Autumn, b/c I missed seeing her all last Saturday when I was at the single adult conference.

1 comment:

LEXIE GUYMON said...

I LOVE the sun picture!!! AWESOME!!!