CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Our “Last Supper” With Ben’s Family

P1090457 Papa came over this morning to bring us doughnuts instead of tomorrow morning like usual, b/c he will be doing the Book of Mormon Pageant Friday & Saturday.  These are our favorites…old fashioned, éclair, and pink w/ sprinkles.  We are so spoiled!

P1090460 Today after work/school, Autumn & I went over to Ben’s house to have an Easter centered dinner.  Deb went to so much work and had such a neat set up.  I love how she simply clipped some gospel art pictures to a string and used that as garland on the fireplace.  This is such a pretty set up.

passover 1 She had some blankets set on the floor and then she put a card table on top of those, but kept the legs of the card table folded up.

P1090468 She had all sorts of food like pita bread, hummus, cheese, nuts, grapes, cucumbers, salad, etc.  It was a super fancy spread and the kids loved it.  We also watched THIS CLIP about the Last Supper.  We talked about Easter and what happened and what it means.

passover 3 We let the kids run around and play for a while b/c they were being super rowdy.  Then, we did a little craft/dessert together.  When Deb had invited us to come over, I asked her what I could bring and she sent me the picture below.

dessert It was super easy to make.  It was just a graham cracker, chocolate doughnut, Oreo cookie & green colored coconut shavings.  We talked about what it meant and then let the kids make their own and eat them.  They loved it.

passover 4 The kids weren’t done running around and having fun, so they went in the backyard and made up a game where one of them would stand in the middle of the yard and count to 10.  Then they would say, “Run, little sheep-ies.”  The other kids would try to run from one end of the yard to the other w/out getting tagged.  It was a lot of fun.

passover 5Here’s the motley crew after they were all hot and sweaty from running.  I am SO THANKFUL for Deb and the fact that she came up w/ the idea, put it all together, and included us.  She is such a sweet and thoughtful person.  I need to be more like her and have people over more often, b/c it’s not as big of a deal as I make it out to be in my own mind.

P1090450 After I got Autumn into bed, I saw that “The Bible” was on the History channel, and I’ve heard good things about it, so I decided to watch it.  There were quite a few things that I was totally blown away by.  First of all, I like whoever the actor is that’s portraying Jesus.  I thought it was interesting how they showed why the High Priests were so stuck on getting rid of Jesus.  He had caused a problem in their minds at the temple when he overthrew the money changers, and the Roman leaders told them to handle it, or they would close the temple and cancel the Passover celebrations.

I liked how they portrayed Judas, too.  First, it was that knowing glance that passed between Jesus & Judas when Jesus gave him bread.  Then when Judas was talking to the High Priest, you could see that he was conflicted in himself.  At the end of the day, someone had to betray Jesus or else the whole Plan of Salvation would have been for naught.  I’d never thought of it like that before.

However, the one thing that I was really sad/disappointed about was that they completely skipped over how He suffered for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane.  That’s one of the most crucial parts of the Atonement, and they only showed Him praying and then all of a sudden he was being arrested.  They didn’t show how an angel came from Heaven to help strengthen Him and how “His sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.” (Luke 22:43-44).

But, I was still very impressed w/ how well it has been done and am looking forward to seeing the finale on Sunday night.  Each night I have been reading this list that I found on Pinterest as to what happened each day of the Savior’s last week on Earth before His resurrection.  It’s really made Easter more meaningful than ever to me this year.

No comments: