CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Kids Teaching Kids

IMG_9408 This morning Autumn & I got up and relaxed and then hit the road.  We went out to the ballpark where they were having a fun event called “Kids Teaching Kids.” Basically, a group of culinary students from a bunch of different high schools in the area made healthy treats, and the kids went around and tried the foods and then got a ticket and voted for their favorite healthy snack.  Autumn’s favorite was a rice cake w/ blueberry yogurt and fresh fruit on top.  My favorite was round pieces of toast w/ a layer of Nutella and a slice of kiwi, toast, nutella, a slice of strawberry, and another piece of toast.  It tasted really good and also looked super fancy.

IMG_9410 After trying all the foods, we went down onto the baseball field where they had activities set up for the kids to try.  They had hula hoops, jump ropes, and a NFL Play 60 obstacle course.  Autumn looks like a pro running through the tires.

IMG_9414 She went through this ladder drill like no big thing.

IMG_9415 She has great form here, but didn’t quite get the whole concept of push ups.  She had fun though, and that’s what counts the most.

IMG_9419 She’s a natural…look at that spiral!

IMG_9421 After all that boyish football stuff, it was off to get a pretty pink butterfly spray painted on her arm.

IMG_9423 She was so excited to see Deuce the mascot and go get her picture w/ him.  I, on the other hand, am deathly afraid of people in costumes so I kept my distance but was able to snap a picture of them w/out freaking out.  I was pretty proud of myself.

IMG_9424We were right across the street from IKEA, so when we were done w/ the Kids Teaching Kids event, we went over there.  We were hungry for some substantial food, so we got their famous Swedish meatballs and Lignonberry juice.  I kept trying to get Autumn to smile for me, but she kept giving me her “serious” face.

IMG_0838We could see the play land from where we were sitting, and she wanted to go play.  So, I went and dropped her off and then went and found a seat and just sat there and people watched and talked to Mom for a little bit.  I finally got up out of my comfortable chair and walked around.  I’ve been wanting an Exepdit shelving unit for a long time, but just can’t justify the expense.  So, I’ll just have to keep looking on craigslist or something.

Autumn & I went to Mom & Dad’s house and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening just hanging out, watching TV, etc.  It was a really good Saturday.

No comments: