CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 10, 2013

Thankful For Teachers

P1090755 Today was the last day of Teacher Appreciation Week.  We had 5 different gifts to give.  For Autumn’s Kindergarten teacher & the 2 directors of her daycare, we gave them each this print in a frame.  Autumn wrote a note on a blank Project Life card and we washi taped it to the back.  We also found these super cute cups that say things like “Fabulous, beautiful, wonderful, fearless, etc…” on them.  We filled it w/ gum and candy and a note that said, “thank you for going the EXTRA mile and filing my life with JOY.”

Then for her 2 teachers at daycare we did a little basket full of their favorite treats.  I’m so thankful for these great people that are such a huge influence in Autumn’s life.

P1090758 She was so excited to share with me all of the fun things she had made at school for Mother’s Day.  I love this impish grin I caught of her reading something she wrote for me.  She really is my greatest blessing.

P1090760 Earlier today I had emailed Karri, Mary, Melanie & Christine to tell them I miss them and that we need to get together.  Karri wrote back and said it’s the Father & Son’s Outing tonight and we should have a Girl’s Night.  Autumn & I were the only ones that showed up.  But Karri was so sweet and told us to come in anyways and we’d have fun.  Kenzie & Autumn played w/ these Kinect things and made this huge butterfly.  Karri and I just sat on the couch and talked and talked and caught up w/ what’s going on w/ each other.  I cherish my friendships w/ incredible women like her so much.

I also wanted to wish Rufio a HAPPY 86th BIRTHDAY today.  Mom got some copies of old pics sent to her and there is one of Rufio back in the day when she worked at the phone company.  I’ll have to scan it and post it here at a later date b/c I LOVE seeing that part of her life.

No comments: