CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The One Where Nate Gets Married

P1090744 More treats from the $1 Store for Autumn’s teacher appreciation gift today.  The note said, “I wish I could send you on a shopping “SPREE” to thank you for all the “CURVE BALLS” you’ve had to deal with this year.”

IMG_0851 Mom texted me all these pictures.  I’m so jealous that she & Dad are having fun in sunny Cali and getting to be on the beach.

IMG_0852 Nate flew in from Japan yesterday and this is his lovely fiance, Riannon.

IMG_0856They got married today on the beach in Ventura, CA.  Welcome to the family Riannon!  I love this picture of the happy newlyweds w/ the 2 sets of parents.

IMG_0855  After school/work, Autumn & I rushed home to pick up the 3 pans of brownies I had made last night for the Young Women’s activity tonight.  Then we went to Chipotle for dinner and shared a burrito bowl.  We were right around the corner from Hobby Lobby & had a few minutes to kill, so we went to see if they have a place for Project Life on Friday.  They sure do, and Autumn gave that 2 thumbs up!!!  I am SO EXCITED!!!!!!

P1090752Tonight it was a combined activity and it was Senior’s Night.  Last year’s Senior Night was hard, b/c a lot of the youth lost interest after about 20 minutes.  So, we decided to try something different this year and it worked out PERFECTLY!  Each of the 4 graduating Seniors (Sydney, Mekinzee, Rylee & Seth) had a table set up by their parents w/ some of their favorite items.  We split all the youth & leaders into 4 groups and we spent about 10 minutes at each “station” where the parents told us fun stories about their Senior and we got a little taste of their favorite treat/snack.  Then after 10 minutes we rotated to the next station.  After everyone had been to all 4 stations, there was a slideshow of the Seniors and then we had their favorite desserts for refreshments.  It was AWESOME!  We’ll have to do every Senior night like that in the future! 

Autumn came w/ me and was such a good little helper.  On the way home I asked her what she would want me to share about her if I was going to spotlight her.  It was fun to hear her answers.  She would want me to mention that she’s a great artist, had beautiful handwriting, and that she’s my Love Bug & Ponca Princess!

No comments: