CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 3, 2013

Fun With The Francis Family

P1090917 A few weeks ago when we were celebrating Liz’s birthday, we had a great idea for her whole family to come over for Family Home Evening tonight, b/c we had so much fun when they came last year to swim.  Tonight was the night, but it was too far of a drive on a school night, so just Liz & Lib & Jacob came over.  We still had a great time w/ good food.  It was so pleasant and nice outside, so we ate out on the patio.  Seeing people I love and care about so much gathered together around a table to share a meal & good conversation makes my heart so happy.

P1090919 After we ate, we went swimming for a while.  Poor Jacob was so cold that he started to shiver.  We eventually got out so we could go over and see the petting zoo (puppies & goats) at Curt & Mary’s.  Liz loved the sweet little puppies and wanted to take one home w/ her.

P1090922 Jacob had fun petting the goats and saying hi to the donkeys.  It was so cute to hear him try to copy the sounds they were making.

P1090931 Liz thought she had died & gone to heaven when she saw the 2 baby kitties.  Curt told her to take both of them home for free.  This is her begging/“pretty please” look to Liberty b/c she really really wanted to take one home.  But, he said they already have enough pets and she’d just have to come visit the cat at Curt’s house.

P1090933 We were all melting over how cute Jacob & the kitty were playing.  He had this piece of rope and would wiggle it around and the kitty would swat at it and chase it.  It was so precious to see them together.

P1090929 Autumn was oblivious to al the fun animals b/c she was in her own type of heaven while jumping on the “jump-o-line” with Jessie.  I’m so glad Jessie comes out and jumps w/ her b/c it makes Autumn feel so special & important.

P1090942 We eventually had to leave and come back home so we could have dessert and get the kids to bed.  We let Autumn & Jacob ride around in the little Ford truck for a little bit.  This picture of them holding hands and walking back to the house together is so sweet.  Autumn’s has such an innate nurturing & loving & mothering spirit.  We had dessert, cleaned up the kitchen, and then they went home to get Jacob to bed & Autumn & I came home.

I got her to bed, did a load of laundry, edited some pics, and watched parts of Eat, Pray, Love.  I skip to the Italian part & the Bali part.  Those are my favorites.  The Italian one especially, b/c it reminds me so much of Slovenija. I don’t know if it makes me less heart/homesick or more heart/homesick for Slovenija when I watch it.  I want to go back to visit again so badly.  I’ll just have to keep saving up my pennies.

No comments: