CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Project Life Tuesday ~ Week 20

IMG_9559

Monday ~ Rufio sent us some copies of a bunch of old pictures she found while going through some things.  I ADORE these 2 pictures.  It’s so neat to see Rufio on the phone at the telephone company where she worked.  Then this one of her & Grandpa Jay walking down the street in Las Vegas is one I had never seen before.

Tuesday ~ I have been stalking the local Hobby Lobby stores in hopes of finding a signed kit from Becky Higgins b/c if you find a signed kit, you’re entered in a giveaway she’s doing.  I was THRILLED to find 2 signed kits when I went to Hobby Lobby during my lunch break. (And, I just found out this morning that I was one of 3 winners that will get her 18 piece journaling pen set!  Woo hoo!!!)

Wednesday ~It was so great to get some much needed rain today b/c we’re in Stage 3 drought conditions.  We can only water our lawns once a week.  But, the bad news is that this storm caused 16 different tornadoes tonight in the DFW metroplex & there were 6 deaths reported!

Thursday ~ Autumn & I shared a Subway $5 foot-long sandwich for dinner tonight.  Then Autumn read to me out of her school readers for homework.  She is doing such a great job & only needs help w/ a few words.  I’m so proud of her & it’s incredible how much progress she’s made since the start of the school year.

Friday ~ Since Mom is so talented w/ all of the cute Scout food ideas she does, a lady in her ward asked Mom if she would make 2 cupcake dresses for her 2 girl’s baptisms.  Mom looked it up on Pinterest & recreated what she saw.  She did such a great job and the dresses looked so pretty.  We’ll for sure have to do this when Autumn gets baptized.

Saturday ~ We had our first swim of the season today as a family & it was so nice!  I put sunscreen on Autumn & we were only out there swimming for a few hours, but she already got a super dark tan from that little bit!  I love her brown Indian skin.  Tonight Liz & I went to a restaurant in Dallas to hear her cousin’s band play.  It was so fun to be out late.  The iPhone pic turned out super grainy & red b/c the lighting was horrible, but who cares?  I’ve got our fun night out documented.

Sunday ~ I’ve noticed the past few weeks that a lot of items I’ve needed at the store have been on sale, and usually by a $1 or more!  I’ve had the distinct impression that it’s a direct blessing from a loving Heavenly Father for being a full tithe payer.  I have such a testimony of tithing & the temporal & spiritual blessings that come from giving back to Heavenly Father just a small 10% of what’s all His anyways.

I am linked up over at The Mom Creative.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY Y’ALL!!!

3 comments:

Craftcherry said...

How lucky are you? Congrats on the signed boxes AND the pens. That's awesome.
I love the family photos. My aunt recently gave me a CD full of photos. I really need to take a look at them.
The colors of your cards this week are fantastic.

packmom said...

Wow! Lucky you. I just bought a set of those pens from HSN. They are so nice. WE don't have a Hobby Lobby in our area :0( Darling cakes and such a sweet picture of Autumn reading.

lisaplus6 said...

awww!! look at all of those pretty cards in a row! a very pretty spread!