CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Bishop’s Matching Tie

P1090912 This picture means so much to me b/c it’s a complete tender mercy.  A few weeks ago Bishop Atkinson was going around and saying hi to people before church started.  He had on a tie that kind of matched Autumn’s dress and as a way to be nice and connect w/ her he told her that some Saturday night she should let him know what color of dress she’ll be wearing to church and he would try to match her dress.

Well, last night before Autumn went to bed she brought it up, so I had her pick out a dress in her closet and we texted a picture of it to Bishop.  He texted back and said he would try his best.  We got to church today and the tears just started welling up in my eyes as soon as I saw Bishop.  His tie matched Autumn’s dress PERECTLY!  It looked like they were made to go together.

To some, this might seem like such a small thing, but to me it meant the world.  I read a quote that someone posted on their blog recently that said, “The Lord is mindful of you, even if you aren’t mindful of Him.”  I always try to be mindful of Him, but that quote popped into my head about this whole experience.

I knew that I needed to get up and bare my testimony about it since today was fast & testimony meeting (if you’re not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and don’t know what that means, just message me and I’ll be happy to explain it). 

I told the story of the matching tie & dress, and talked about how much it meant that Bishop Atkinson would make such an effort to make a 6 year old girl feel important.  It’s such a great reminder that Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ are so acutely aware of us individually.  They care so much about each one of us and what we’re doing, how we feel, how important we are to them, etc.  I basically cried through the whole thing, b/c the Spirit was so strong and I felt such love from my Heavenly Father.

After sacrament meeting I asked Bishop if we could go out in the hall so we could get a picture of him & Autumn.  I jokingly said I hope he doesn’t get 50 text messages this Saturday night from little girls in the ward wanting him to wear a tie that matches their dresses.  LOL!  I wonder if his wife helped him pick the tie (which he already had), or if she didn’t even know what was going on?

P1090910 I realized that I haven’t been gotten a pic of Autumn & I together in a long time, so we made sure to get one before we changed into our relaxing Sunday clothes after church.  I love my little bug.

P1090913 After we changed clothes we went over to Mom & Dad’s to check on the house, put chemicals in the pool, and eat dinner.  We have SO MUCH FOOD in the fridge.  I was worried we would run out of ideas of what to eat while Mom & Dad were gone.  But, I’m not used to cooking for just 2, so we have TONS of left overs.  After dinner, Autumn asked if we could play the card game of Speed.  I guess they play it at daycare as a way to practice number sequence.  We had a lot of fun playing it & she felt so grown up w/ getting to hand out the cards and set up the game.

P1090916After a few games of Speed, she said she wanted to watch the 3rd of the 4th Pirates of the Caribbean movie, which is the only one she hadn’t seen yet (yes, we watched them out of order).  We got about 1/2 way through it and then turned it off so we could go visit Emma Dog.

She’s staying w/ some friends that are spoiling her rotten.  I wish we could have kept her at home, but we’re gone for way too long during the day.  She was so happy to see us, and we were so happy to see her.  It’s weird to go over to Mom & Dad’s and not have her there.  I wonder what Emma thought when we left her there?  I’m glad to know she’s being well taken care of.  Autumn was so sad when we left, b/c she said she wants her family all back together.  I think she’s missing her Papa & Mimi, and seeing Emma just brought it back to the surface.

We came home and had a pizza picnic party in the living room while we watched Cinderella on TV.  Then I put her to bed early at 7:30 b/c she had such a big day yesterday and I want her to be well rested for this last week of school.

2 comments:

Jill said...

That's such a sweet story, what a great Bishop!

Jen T said...

That tie story is awesome! What a neat thing! I saw you won the Becky Higgins pen set!!!! WooHoo! I bought those, and they are awesome! Congrats!!!