CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 12, 2013

Flyin’ Friday

Autumn got to have a fun day today.  Mom picked her up at daycare at 11:00 so she could go over to Evelyn’s & celebrate her 5th birthday.  It was a mermaid theme & they even had a live mermaid there!  I’ll have to add some pics in once Debbie emails them to me.  Mom went & got her at 1:00 & then kept her until it was time to come pick me up at work at 5:00.

IMG_1120 As soon as 5:00 hit, I jumped in the car w/ Autumn & Mom and they took me to the airport so I could fly to Utah.  I’m glad we didn’t hit any traffic & that we got there early, b/c the line for security was so stinkin’ long!  You can’t really tell in this pic w/ this cool wishbone sculpture, but the line wound around and around like a ride at Disneyland.

IMG_1121 It’s crazy that I had to have 4 gray containers just for my stuff.  I had one for my laptop, one for my camera & camera bag, one for my shoes & bag of 3 oz liquids, and one for my purse.  Then I also had to send through my carry on suitcase.  But, I’d rather deal w/ that any day of the week if that means it keeps us all safe.  I went straight to the gate & only had to wait for 3 minutes before it was time to board the plane.  I thought this was a cool/funky piece of art in the middle of the airport.  It kind of looks like a grown up castle playground feature.

IMG_1126 It was a good flight, and I love looking out the window at the clouds & how the weather changes.  There was this big storm off to the west that was cool to watch as we flew past.

IMG_1125 I’m impressed that American Airlines actually gives you the whole can when you get a drink.  The last few times I’ve flown, they just give you a few sips in your cup full of ice.  Well played, American Airlines.

IMG_1127 When I got off the plane & saw these gorgeous mountains through the window I had to stop & take a picture.  I miss the majestic mountains so much!  I went & got my rental car, & it was funny b/c it was like walking into a group of missionaries b/c they were all wearing white shirts & dark slacks & ties.  The guy that helped me was totally Mormon & we talked about missions & such.  When I went to leave he yelled out, “God be with you till we meet again.”  I tried so hard not to bust up laughing & thought to myself, “'I’m not in Texas anymore, Toto!”  I was surprised that it stayed light outside until 9:30 pm!

IMG_1128 I went straight to Cafe Rio in Draper & got the sweet pork salad w/ TWO cups of the incredible dressing.  It was so good that my tastebuds were standing up & applauding.  It was already 9:45 by this time, so I hurried down to Provo and went in to Rufio’s apartment & said hi to her & Aunt Jeri for a little bit.  Then I went in Aunt Jill’s part of the house where we visited for a minute and then both went to bed b/c we were so tired.  I love sleeping in the peach room bed b/c it’s so soft & comfy.

No comments: