CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Twin Day & Fun Traveling Fiascos

P1100221 Today was “Twin Day” at Autumn’s daycare and she had her clothes all laid out last night so she & Emily could be twins.  They had decided they would wear yellow dresses, white leggings, purple headbands, a necklace, a bracelet, lip gloss, and black boots.  At the last minute as we were walking out the door this morning, Autumn decided not to wear her black boots b/c she said they make her feet too hot.  She thought she was hot stuff that she got to borrow one of my necklaces. 

I knew it was going to be a crazy looking outfit, but reminded myself that it doesn’t really matter & that she would have fun dressing the same as Emily.  I had to laugh that they decided to pair up & be “twins” since Autumn is unusually tall & Emily is unusually small for their age.  Also, Autumn had a dark complexion & Emily has a light complexion.  But, they look cute and had fun w/ it and that’s what really matters.

IMG_1146 As soon as I was done w/ work today, Mom & Rufio & Autumn came and picked me up and brought me some McDonald’s for dinner and we rushed off to the airport so Rufio & I could fly back to Utah.  I had checked our flight gate online & it said it was D18.  So, that’s where I had Mom drop us off.  We got inside & all they had were self-check kiosks.  You have to have a debit or credit card to use those, or have your confirmation #.  Rufio didn’t have a debit or credit card, and the email w/ her ticket confirmation wasn’t in my recent emails (it will only display the last 20 or so).

So, I had to put her in a wheelchair and push her down to where there were actual people that could check us in.  I was also trying to drag our 2 carry on suitcases behind me.  I’m sure we were quite the site for onlookers.  We FINALLY got to the ticket counter, got her checked in, and were told we were actually leaving out of gate A14!!!  The poor guy that had to push Rufio’s wheelchair had to take us all the way from Terminal D to Terminal A.  Luckily, we were able to take the Skylink train.

IMG_1147We finally got to the right place and then had to sit and wait and wait and wait b/c our flight was delayed.  Once we finally did get to board the plane, we sat at the gate for another 30 minutes w/ no A/C.  Luckily I had my foldable Japanese fan I could use to keep Rufio & I cooled off, but it was still super hot in there!  We should have taken off at 7:00, but we didn’t take off until 8:45 pm!!!

IMG_1152Luckily it was a nice flight and there was a wheelchair waiting for Rufio when we got off the plane.  We also had 3 missionaries coming home from their missions, so that was fun to see the huge crowds w/ signs and balloons to welcome home their missionaries.  The lady pushing the wheelchair said she couldn’t take us further than the baggage claim, so I had to get an airport wheelchair & try to get us over to the rental car place.  I was trying to steer the wheelchair & pull our 2 suitcases behind us and cross 2 busy streets.  Again, I’m sure we were a crazy sight to behold.  We got our rental car after waiting for another 20 minutes in line.

We were given a Toyota Prius, but I couldn’t figure out for the life of me how to get it to work.  I figured out how to turn it on, but then couldn’t figure out how to put it in reverse.  I put the little stick shift thing in “R”, but it wouldn’t reverse.  We sat there for a few minutes trying to figure it out, and even read the instructions in the glove box, but it didn’t address our issue.  I finally found some worker guy that was parking another car & asked him to help us.  He said I had to push the “P” button to take it out of park & then do the stick shift thing.  Every time I put it in reverse, it kept beeping at me…so annoying!  We finally got it figured out and got on the road.

We pulled into Rufio’s driveway at 11:32 pm and were exhausted, especially since our bodies were still on Texas time, which meant it was 12:32 am!!!  I ended up just sleeping on Rufio’s couch so I wouldn’t wake up Rick & Jill.  I’m just so thankful that we made it safe and sound!

No comments: