CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Happy 34th Birthday To Me!

P1110027 My boss at work isn’t big into birthdays (he doesn’t even celebrate his own), so I didn’t ask for the day off of work for my birthday.  Plus, I want to save my vacation days for later on this year.  After work/school, Autumn & I went over to Mom & Dad’s house where Mom had made my special birthday dinner.  I had requested party ham roll-ups and Oriental rice.  It was all so good & hit the spot.

P1110028 After dinner, we went into the living room where Aunt Tafta was helping Autumn do her reading homework tonight.  Aunt Tafta is a retired teacher and she gave me quite the education tonight just by watching how she did Autumn’s reading homework w/ her tonight.  She is so incredibly patient and loving and wasn’t trying to rush through it to get it done (like I tend to do).  She set a great example for me on how to do a better at helping Autumn.

P1110030 After our dinner had a chance to digest, it was time for dessert.  Mom got me this cute cake and some of my favorite ice cream: Blue Bell strawberry & peppermint.

P1110032 Making a wish & blowing out the candles

P1110034 I’m so sad that Uncle Kerry & Aunt Tafta are leaving tomorrow.  They got here yesterday, but we didn’t get to spend hardly any time them b/c we scarfed down dinner and then had to leave for cheer practice & Young Women’s.  It’s so fun having them here, especially since Aunt Tafta is so much like Grandma Johnson.  It’s like having Grandma Johnson here with us again.

P1110035 Autumn & I got home and these fun presents were sitting on the porch.  One of the ladies I serve w/ in Young Women’s & her daughter had left these beautiful pink/purple chrysanthemum.  My visiting teachers left me this tropical basket w/ chocolate covered Macadamia nuts, King’s Hawaiian rolls, and this picture…

IMG_1459They know me so well!!!  A picture of big, buff, brown boys???  YES, PLEASE!!!  I felt so loved today with all of the texts and Facebook messages wishing me a happy birthday.  I am so thankful for the past 34 years and can’t wait to see what the next 34 (and hopefully more) will bring!!!

No comments: