CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

IMG_1684 My morning started EARLY today.  I had to be up at 3:30 am so I could leave by 4:00 am!!!  I always hate having to pack up and leave from such a fun vacation.

hazel I am kicking myself for not getting a picture of Hazel & her adorable family, so I’ll have to borrow this one.  They were so wonderful to me and made me feel right at home.  It was great to get to know them and I appreciate them letting me stay there more than they’ll know.

IMG_1686I got to the airport in plenty of time to drop off my rental car and take the airport train to the terminal and check in.  I had done the prepay gallons of gas, but I had filled up yesterday, so I had only used about 1/4 of a tank.  The guy that checked my car in said he would just mark it as full in the computer.  That was so nice of him to do!

I got another break when I checked my bag.  It was 66 lbs b/c of all the Project Life product I had in there (paper & a binder are heavy), but the guy didn’t charge me for the overweight bag!  Sweet!  I got to the gate and was hungry, so I got this breakfast sandwich.  It was $8.75 which is WAY overpriced, but I was hungry and there weren’t very many other options.

IMG_1696 Autumn on the other hand, had a great breakfast.  Deb texted me this pic of their pancake party breakfast.  It is so nice to know that she’s happy and well taken care of and I don’t have to worry about her.

IMG_1687I was so glad to find that I had the row of 3 seats all to myself on my flight from San Francisco to LAX.

IMG_1688This is a horrible picture, but I had to post it anyways b/c it’s the video that Virgin Airlines shows for the safety stuff (click on the link to watch the video).  It was AWESOME and way better than they do the safety features on other airlines.

I have to say that I have never flown Virgin Airlines before, but I am a HUGE fan!  Their seats are bigger, there’s more leg room, they don’t charge for soda drinks (Frontier does), they don’t charge for carryons (Frontier does), and they don’t charge to watch TV (Frontier does).  If I ever have the option, I’m going to choose Virgin Airlines every time.

IMG_1698I had a quick layover at LAX and our flight was delayed 30 minutes b/c they had to jump start the plane (luckily it was the exact same plane I had flown in on from SFO to LAX or else I would have been freaking out).  It was sad to say good bye to California, b/c it’s been so great.

IMG_1700While I was flying thousands of miles above the earth, Autumn was with the Dakins at Kid Mania having a blast running around and burning off some energy.

IMG_1701Liz & Liberty were fabulous and came and picked me up from the airport. I was shocked when I got off the plane and it was only 37 degrees!  I went and got Autumn from the Dakins and then we went over to Papa & Mimi’s house and ate some lunch and watched Jack the Giant Killer.  She said her tummy didn’t feel good, so she sat on my lap and we snuggled, which I was loving.  I also have to mention that I LOVE her new haircut.  It looks so cute in person & she looks even more like her half sister Bianca.

IMG_1702Liz texted me a recipe that she said I had to try for  “Brownie In A Mug.”  It was super fast and delicious, especially w/ a scoop of ice cream on top.

1/4 c sugar
1/4 c flour
2 Tbs cocoa
pinch of salt
2 Tbs oil
3 Tbs water

Mix dry ingredients together in a mug.  Then add in the liquid ones.  Mix well and heat in the microwave for 1 min 40 seconds.

Autumn didn’t want to go home, so we stayed at Mom & Dad’s.  I was laying down w/ her and thought she was asleep when all of a sudden she sat up and projectile vomited all over the bed … TWICE!  It was nasty!!!  I put her in the tub b/c it got all over her, then I stripped the sheets and pillowcases and blanket and padded mattress cover.  I had to spray off the sheets in the sink to wash off the chunks of food before I put them in the washer.  I’m glad she felt so much better after that and was able to sleep w/out further incident.  Poor little bug!  I just kept thinking how glad I was that it happened to me instead of the Dakins.

No comments: