CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Year In Review 2013

I love doing a review of my year so I can see it in one place.  I also like to make some of the main events from each month in bold.
January 2013:
*Picked my One Little Word for the year ~ IN
*Went on a few Mommy/Daughter dates w/ Autumn
*Berretts came over to watch the College Football Championship Game
*I chaperoned an 8 Stake Youth Dating Conference w/ Brad Wilcox as the main speaker
*Autumn’s really into Fancy Nancy books
*Celebrated Autumn’s 6th Birthday by going to see Little Shop of Horrors *We had our annual New Year’s Pool Dip
*Went bowling for FHE w/ Aunt Sandy & Charles
*Autumn lost 2 teeth
*I filed my taxes
February 2013:
*Got Season 3 of Downton Abbey on DVD
*Autumn lost another tooth, so now she’s missing her 2 front teeth
*Went to the park w/ the Dakins
*Started on the Justserve.org committee
*Went to the local high school’s production of The Wizard Of Oz
*Autumn had a major melt down that made me cry
*Started playing Candy Crush (bad idea b/c it’s so addicting & a time waster)
*Went to dinner w/ the girls to celebrate Melanie’s birthday
*A meteor shower injured a lot of people in Russia
*Lexie & family came up to visit
*Mom treated Lexie & I to dinner at some food trucks & facials from Melanie *We played kick ball as a family (Mom even played!!!)
*I posted my 2,000th blog post
*We helped Mom w/ the food at the Scout Blue & Gold Banquet
*Autumn showcased some art at the Ward Talent Show
*Autumn earned enough points to buy her own “Hanitizer” at B&BWorks
*I did a few Justserve.org presentations at church
*New Beginnings for Young Women’s
*Autumn participated in the Boosterthon Fun Run at school
March 2013:
*We’re going to grow out Autumn’s bangs
*
We went to a hockey game w/ Autumn’s day care
*We went “pinching” (leaving St. Patrick’s Day treats) w/ the Dakins
*Went to Autumn’s open house & book fair at school
*Mom & Dad are in Utah & went to the temple w/ Mom’s siblings & their spouses
*Autumn, Nick & I went & saw the new Wizard of Oz movie
*Lexie & family came to visit
*Aunt Jeri sent some knitted pink slippers for Autumn
*Met w/ Bishop Atkinson
*A new Pope was chosen today b/c the old one resigned
*The kids helped Papa put compost in the garden beds
*Easter Egg hunt at Uncle Robert & Aunt Sandy’s farm
*We took Easter pictures of all the kids
*Autumn & I tired a famous local pizza joint
*Autumn went to an outside museum w/ the Dakins after school
*Autumn & I went and got our nails done
*I went to a Single Adult conference
*Went bowling w/ the girls for a GNO
*We had a “Last Supper” Easter feast w/ the Dakins
*Autumn & I went to another hockey game w/ her daycare
*Dad played Alma the Younger in the Book of Mormon Pageant
*Autumn went w/ me to the General Young Women’s broadcast
*Easter Sunday
*Mom made a crocheted bassinet/purse for Autumn
April 2013:
*I got a bunch of Project Life kits
*For Young Women’s we went to a woman’s shelter to baby sit kids while their Moms’ were in counseling *Liz & I went to Torchy’s Tacos for dinner
*We went to see Curt’s new baby goats
*We watched all 4 sessions of General Conference
*Autumn & I had a pizza picnic date
*I got a haircut
*I read “Small Change”
*We did “Missionary MTC Olympics” for a combined YM/YW activity
*Billy B. got baptized
*Karri & I chaperoned LDS Prom
*Mom & Autumn & Nick & I went and saw The Croods
*Autumn & I mowed Papa & Mimi’s lawn
*There was a bombing at the Boston Marathon (4/15)
*A fertilizer plant exploded in West, TX (4/18)
*Saw “Wicked” w/ the girls
*Autumn went to the zoo w/ her Kindergarten class
*We found a dead mouse in our house
*I took pictures of Autumn in the bluebonnets
*Autumn was sleepwalking and tried to get fridge door water from the pantry light switch.  LOL!!!
*I took pictures of Autumn on the train tracks
*I chaperoned a youth dance
*Happy 26th Birthday to Nate
*I helped supervise youth painting fire hydrants for youth conference
*Autumn & I helped Liz & Liberty clean their house b/c they’re moving

May 2013:

*I sent some bows to Klavdija to give to her daughter Tiara & they got them
*I took pics of Autumn in the purple thistle blossoms
*Autumn & I went to a fun kid’s even at the baseball park & then over to IKEA
*I taught a blogging class for Liz’ Relief Society enrichment
*Nate & Riannon got married (5/8)
*Mom had the Scouts over to swim
*Mother’s Day
*I got 2 Project Life kits signed by Becky Higgins
*Mom made 2 white dress cakes out of cupcakes for a baptism
*We had our first family swim of the year
*Liz & I went out late to her her friend play in a band at a restaurant
*A tornado ripped through Moore, OK (5/20)
*Autumn’s 2 front teeth are finally starting to grow back in
*We Skyped w/ Lexie & her family
*Autumn & Jessie jumped on the “jumpoline”
*Autumn’s Field Day at school
*I mowed our lawn & pruned our trees for the 1st time
*Celebrated Liz’s birthday
*Mom & Dad & Nick left for Japan for a few weeks (5/27)
*Midge & Peggy came to visit and took us out to dinner *Dakins came over to swim
June 2013:
*We had a Pest Control swim party
*Bishop Atkinson wore a tie to match Autumn’s dress & it made me cry
*Liz & Liberty & Jacob came over to swim and we went over to Curt’s to see all the fun baby animals
*Dakins came over to swim to celebrate the last day of school
*Sis. Lee & I went and decorated the graduating Seniors’ doors
*Autumn & I went to see Despicable Me on the big screen at the baseball field
*Mom & Dad & Nick got home from Japan (6/10)
*Autumn & I went to her Cheer Meet & Greet
*Lexie & her family came up to visit (Lexie & Jon went to Mexico for their anniversary)
*Flag Day party at Tyler & Emily’s
*Autumn & Andrew took swim lessons from Ms. Cis
*The youth came over to Mom & Dad’s house to swim for our activity
*Autumn & Andrew & I went to Sonic for 1/2 price shakes to celebrate the longest day of the year
*Mom’s 57th Birthday
*Our home teachers are moving :(
*Lexie’s 30th Birthday
*I went to the OB/GYN
*Kelsey B’s bridal shower
July 2013:
*I got a haircut
*Our Vietnamese nail people came over for the 4th of July & we went to a baseball game
*Autumn had her first cheer practice (7/10)
*Went out to eat at Cheddars w/ Liz & Liberty & Jacob
*I flew to Utah to get Rufio
*Saw Ashley & Bianca & family
*Had a girls day w/ Brenner & Jonesy
*Saw Josh & Jennifer
*Mom got Autumn’s eyebrows waxed
*Flew back to TX w/ Rufio
*Dinner w/ Curt & Mary & family & Rufio
*Nick & I started watching Duck Dynasty
*Lexie & her family came up to visit
*Went & saw Ephraim’s Rescue & celebrated Andrew’s birthday
*Was in charge of the Regional Single Adult Dance & we did a Luau theme
*Autumn read Green Eggs & Ham to Rufio
*Aloha Island Lei sent me 2 leis for free to review
*I flew back to Utah w/ Rufio
*Rufio & I went to my Mom’s cousin’s funeral
*Went to dinner w/ Monique & her new husband
*Saw Shanti (Jason’s SILaw) & went to lunch w/ Brooke
*Autumn & I went on a Mommy/Daughter date
*Went to the splash pad & Purple Cow w/ the Dakins

August 2013

*Kelsey & Landon’s wedding reception
*Autumn went to a cheer camp
*Went to the temple and saw the new temple video *Autumn’s trying to learn how to do a handstand
*We babysat Jacob so Liz & Lib could go to the temple
*The Johnson Crew came over to swim
*I had car troubles and had to take it into the shop
*Autumn got her official cheer uniform & pom poms
*The Young Women did a Book of Mormon Read-A-Thon
*Mom & Dad went to Austin for the weekend, so I got to drive Dad’s Corvette
*I went to the temple
*I had a GNO at my house w/ the Pest Control gals
*Dad caught a skunk that we went and released at the lake
*Kim & Kourtney came to visit
*Nate got home from Japan (8/21)
*Autumn & I went to Meet the Teacher Night
*Riannon got here from Cali
*Matt & Jozet came to visit
*Nate & Dad & Uncle Robert & Aunt Sandy rode in the Hotter ‘N’ Hell Hundred
*Autumn & I went to the Dallas Aquarium w/ the Dakins
*Autumn got a Father’s Blessing from Papa before school starts
*Autumn started First Grade (8/26) *I went to the temple
*We got family pictures
*Autumn had her first cheer game
*We found a snake and Nate caught it w/ his hand and it bit him a few times
September 2013:
*We celebrated the September birthdays (Dad, Riannon, & Nick) *We swam all morning for Labor Day
*Mom & Nate & Riannon made quilts for Baby Olivia
*Autumn got picked up by Dakins from school to go to a birthday party for Ben
*Mary & Jessie & I went and saw “Austenland”
*We went to Shane’s baptism & then to Autumn’s 2nd cheer game
*BYU beat the Texas Longhorns (ranked 15th)
*We went to the Mannewitz’s for FHE
*Mom & Karri & I went to see “The Ultimate Life”
*I broke the forklift at work today
*Anniversary of 9/11
*Young Women In Excellence
*Autumn dressed up as Selene Gomez for “Rock ‘N’ Roll Day” at school
*Dad’s 58th Birthday
*I went to the temple
*Nate & Riannon left to move to Spain (9/14) *Autumn’s 1st grade teacher came to her cheer game
*Emma Dog came to stay at our house
*I had to get a root canal
*I renewed my driver’s license
*I went to the temple
*I read “The Great Gatsby” (yuck)
*Linda & Rick Taylor (famous quilt people) came to stay at Mom & Dad’s
*Mom & Dad & I (and a bunch of great helpers) put on a funeral meal for over 150 people
*Nick’s 28th Birthday
*Season 4 of Downton Abbey started
*Liz & Liberty & Jacob came over for FHE
*Rachel & Jane & Autumn & I went out to celebrate Tara’s life (it’s the 5 year anniversary of her death) *Mom & Dad & Autumn & I went tailgating and then to the local high school’s football game
*I was supposed to host a table at the General Relief Society Broadcast but not enough women came

October 2013:
*I got sick and stayed home from work
*Autumn wore her cheer uniform to school for Spirit Day & we went to Chick Fil A for Spirit Night
*I got an answer to all my questions, even before General Conference started *I had car troubles (dead battery)
*We had breakfast w/ the Dakins and watched the Sunday morning session of General Conference with them
*Autumn & I went to the library for FHE
*I had Parent/Teacher conference w/ Autumn’s teacher
*I helped at the Youth temple baptism trip
*Lexie & I went to Time Out For Women & Mom surprised us w/ a hotel room *Dad & the kids handed out water to the 5K runners behind the house
*We went “Booing” w/ the Dakins
*I got a permanent crown put on my tooth
*I watched the series finale of What Not To Wear
*Autumn & I went bowling and I won a free game on a strike
*We learned self defense in Young Women’s for an activity
*Aunt Tafta & Uncle Kerry came to visit
*Happy 34th Birthday to ME!!!
*I had a Friends & Favorites party at my house for my birthday
*Autumn & I helped at a service project, then went to the church trunk or treat, then to a Halloween party at Bobbie’s
*Autumn & I went to Jacob’s 2nd birthday party
*The girls took me out for a progressive dinner for my birthday
*I got hit on in line at Chipotle, but he only came to my shoulder
*Autumn & I went to a Halloween party at the Dakins & went trick or treating w/ them and a few other fun families
November 2013:
*Autumn had her last cheer game of the season
*Papa & Autumn & I flew a kite
*I broke a fingernail half way down the nail bed
*We went and saw Freebirds
*Autumn sorted buttons
*We had a GNO to celebrate Deb’s birthday
*Went & saw the local school’s production of Pride & Prejudice w/ the girls
*Went to an awards banquet for work
*The Laurels won the Fall Fest for the 3rd year in a row
*Went to the local high school’s first game fort the UIL State Championship
*Went to the temple
*Went to Candy Canes For Kids Event w/ the Dakins
*Autumn’s cheer team won 2nd place out of 8 at their cheer competition
*I went to San Francisco to be in a live studio audience at creativeLIVE for a 3 day class w/ Becky Higgins

*Went to the Oakland temple
*Dakins watched Autumn for me while I was in San Francisco & Mom & Dad were in Georgia visiting the Guthries
*Mom gave Emma away
*Liz & Liberty & Jacob came over to visit
*We celebrated Thanksgiving Day at Tyler & Emily’s house
*We went and saw “Frozen” & also took the kids to the big musical Christmas Tree
*Nick & Autumn & I got our outside Christmas lights put up
*Mom & Lexie & I worked on the ornaments for the 25 Days of Christ
December 2013:
*Autumn & I had tithing settlement
*I helped Mom w/ the Christmas letters
*We went to the library for FHE to see Mom’s nativities on display
*I went & saw “The Christmas Candle” by myself
*Rosy Posy the Elf came back
*Autumn stayed home sick from school & I stayed home from work to take care of her
*Autumn’s cheer team got together for frozen yogurt for an end of the year party & we gave her coaches picture albums from the year as gifts
*We got iced in for 3 days and a bunch of trees broke … one even blocked our driveway
*Curt & Mary & I packed up Mom’s nativities b/c she & Dad were on a cruise
*I got recognized at my work party & got a beautiful bouquet of flowers
*Autumn & I went to a parade for a local city’s Centennial Celebration
*Liz & Autumn & I took treats around to some people in our ward
*Autumn & I went to our ward Christmas party
*Went to the temple
*We went to visit Uncle Robert b/c he had hip surgery & then went to Cowboy’s Stadium to watch our local high school win the State Championship
*Autumn & I had a Mommy/Daughter date & got a fancy crepe & then went to look at Christmas lights
*We went down to Lexie’s on Christmas Eve
*Christmas Day at Lexie & Jon’s
*Autumn made a fancy dinner & sweet note for Papa all on her own
*We spent a lot of time using the Rainbow Loom
*Adam Jay was born on 12/29 at 3:42 am & was 9 lbs 14 oz & 22 inches long *We rang in the new year early (8:00) so Autumn & Andrew & Jackson could go to bed early
2013 was a wonderful year for Autumn & I.  I have to say the same thing that I’ve said in 2011 & 2012 … I am so thankful to have a job, to have my health, to have an incredible family and support system, and to have my faith in and testimony of a loving Heavenly Father and my older brother, Jesus Christ.  I am looking to the great things that 2014 will bring.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, Y’ALL!!!

No comments: