CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Baby Adam’s Baby Blessing

 IMG_1179 We got up early today so we could get ready & be on the road by 7:00 am!!!  Mom & Dad came over to our house and we all went in my Escape b/c it’s roomier than Mom’s car.  We got to the thriving metropolis of Troy & stopped for a potty break.  I LOVE this building across from the gas station where we stopped.

IMG_1183 We made it to Lexie’s at 10:30 & called to see if they wanted us to come to their house or just meet them at the church since we thought their church started at 11:00.  Lexie told us that they had switched to the 1:00 pm time last Sunday!  Whoops!  That just gave us extra snuggle time w/ Baby Adam.  This is the first time (except for Mom) that we had seen him.  I LOVE this picture of him & Papa having a tender moment.

IMG_1186I also LOVE this picture of Mom giving him a bath in the sink.

IMG_1194Autumn was so cute w/ him and kept wanting to hold him whenever I had him, so we shared our snuggle time.

IMG_1198 The kids were restless, so Papa came to the rescue to help them burn off some energy.  They had races around the kitchen, & they took turns getting to ride on Papa’s back.  He’s such a fun Grandpa!

IMG_1201 It was finally time to head to church, so we got Adam dressed in the white clothes Mom got him from our favorite kid’s consignment store.  The outfit came w/ a little hat & we put it on just to be funny & get a few pics.  This picture cracks me up b/c we did NOT put his hands like this, he put them like this himself.  It’s like he’s saying, “NOOOOOOOO!  Why me?  I have to hide my face in shame.”  BA HA HA!

I have to mention that Mom made this amazing quilt for Autumn’s baby blessing & we’ve used it for each of their grandchildren’s baby blessings since!

IMG_1203 “I’m growing tired of you taking pics of me, lady!”

IMG_1207 “If you don’t get that camera out of my face, I’m going to have a blowout just to show you who’s boss!”

IMG_1214 We had time to snap a few pics while everyone was dressed nice.  Such a precious family picture.

IMG_1224 The Proud Parents

IMG_1220 Mama & Baby
I still can’t believe that Lexie gave birth to him naturally.  Plus, she’s already back to her skinny self & doesn’t even look like she had a baby just 2 weeks ago.  How did we come from the same gene pool???

IMG_1227 The Men

IMG_1228They had the baby blessing today b/c Jon’s parents were able to be here from Utah.

IMG_2229 It was a beautiful baby blessing (click HERE to read more about baby blessings in our church), and Jon did a very nice job.  It was fun to have Kerry K & Carmen & their kids there as well.  I was naughty & snapped this pic on my iPhone in church, but I’m so glad I did.  I love how Dad has his eyes closed, how he’s snuggling Baby Adam who was asleep, how Jackson & Lexie are looking at Papa, etc.  So much love & goodness was going on today!!!

IMG_1231 We only stayed for sacrament meeting & then came back to Lexie & Jon’s house for lunch.  They had a nice spread of rolls, meats, cheeses, chips, salsa, & cookies.  The best part though, was sitting and visiting w/ family and friends.  The kids had fun playing together out on the trampoline.

IMG_1234We left at 5:00 to get home before it got to late since we have work & school tomorrow.  But, it was definitely worth being in the car for 7 hours to be there for Adam’s baby blessing.  We’re so thankful that he’s a part of our family.  We’re also really excited for Baby Olivia to join our family in February!

No comments: