CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Dinner With Liz & Lib & Jacob

P1110465 The sunset tonight was pretty cool.  Off to the north there were these wispy clouds that looked like they had rain in them.

P1110467 Then to the southwest there was this beautiful firey sunset w/ lots of clouds.  I love the beauty of nature.

P1110471Liz texted me earlier today to say that she had made too much food for dinner & wanted to know if Autumn & I wanted to come over and eat dinner w/ them.  Um, FO SHO’!!!  She had Spanish rice, southwest eggrolls, avocado dip, tortilla soup, and a yummy cake!  It was all so delicious and I was stuffed by the time we left.

P1110472 I am SO THANKFUL that Autumn & I have such wonderful friends like Liz & Lib & Jacob.

IMG_2239

Autumn & I came home around 7:30 & did her reading and I let her watch a little TV before bed.  I am supposed to take treats to Young Women’s for our activity tomorrow & Sis. Wright gave me the recipe a long time ago for these Soft Baked Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies (how’s that for a mouthful … try saying that 10 times fast).  They are a little labor intensive since you have to make 2 separate doughs & let them chill in the fridge & then make each dough into small balls & then roll those balls together.  But, they were for sure worth it.  These cookies are scrum-diddly-upmtious.  When I took this one out of the oven, I made Nick come over & look at it. I asked him what it looked like & he said the same thing I was thinking … the hill on “Nightmare Before Christmas.”  It was a complete coincidence, and I don’t think I could make a cookie look like this again even if I tried.

No comments: