CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Future Missionary Activity

ft msnry

Tonight for our Young Women’s activity, we were combined w/ the Priests (16 & 17 year old guys).  We had 2 Elder missionaries come and talk to us, b/c next month we will be doing mini missions.  We sat in a big circle and each took a turn asking them a question.  Some were funny like, “what’s the weirdest type of food you’ve eaten on your mission?”  Some were thought-provoking like, “what do you wish you would have done as a youth to prepare for your mission better?”  Some were spiritual like, “what’s your greatest spiritual accomplishment?”  I could tell that some of the youth were really into it & others were checked out.  But, the Spirit was there very strongly.  At the end of the activity, they had us kneel together and one of the Elders offered a prayer.  It was interesting to see which youth were more than happy to and which youth were annoyed.  It made me want to grab them by the shoulders and shake them in a loving way to let them know how much they are missing out on by having stinky attitudes.

I’m thankful that the Elders took time out of their schedules to do that for our youth.  I got a lot out of it, and I tried getting the youth to understand that some of them could possibly be on missions in a year.  One of the Elders was a youth just like ours less than a year ago & now here he is preaching the gospel full time.  I’m so thankful that I chose to serve a mission & that I got to wear the name of Christ on my chest everyday for 18 months.  Now I get to wear an invisible one on my heart!!!

No comments: