CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Project Life Tuesday 2014 ~ Week 01

IMG_1240I decided to go w/ the Honey Edition this year b/c I just love all the bright and fun colors.  Also, I do my weeks Monday – Sunday so I have a few days from 2013 to start the week, but that doesn’t bother me at all.

Monday ~ Tonight we went over to Mom & Dad’s to eat dinner w/ Dad and then we had Family Home Evening.  We talked about the Second Coming & had ice cream for our refreshments.  We came home & hung out on my bed & watched Princess Diaries on Disney Jr.  I love my cute little snuggly bug.

Tuesday ~ We had a fun New Year’s Eve.  The kids had a movie night w/ a blanket on the living room floor & popcorn.  Then we went outside & they threw these “pop-its” on the ground.  They chased each other around for a good 40 minutes.  We had our “fancy drinks” of Sprite w/ grenadine, counted down from 10, & clinked our glasses.  They were all in bed by 8:00 pm!

Wednesday ~ HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014!!!
We rang in the New Year in a great way.  We had our annual New Year’s Polar Bear Pool Dip.  We had our extended Johnson family & the Berretts over to join us.  We had a few newbies (Zack’s wife & Kelsey’s husband).  We had a blast & were all glad it was 65* outside today!!!

Thursday ~ These fuzzy socks are from Oma & Opa & Melitta in Germany.  Tonight while Autumn was in brushing her teeth, I had to sneak a pic to freeze this moment in time.  She looks so grown up here & it makes me happy & sad at the same time.  The past 6 years have flown by, but I’m so glad she’s happy & healthy & growing up!

Friday ~ One Little Word 2014
I found this lighthouse picture while preparing a Young Women’s lesson back in November.  It spoke to my soul & I knew my word for this year would be LIGHT.  I want more light in my countenance & life.  I will get that by going to the temple more often & by asking myself, “What would a holy woman do?”

Saturday ~ Mom & I went to the temple together this morning, which was neat.  Especially since we did 2 family names.  Today has been exactly 12 years since I went through the temple for the first time!  I am so glad that we got to do a session together.  There’s no place I’d rather be than in the temple!

Sunday ~ I have been wanting an IKEA Expedit shelving unit for over a year.  I finally broke down & bought one yesterday.  It was quite the adventure loading it into my car all alone & getting it home.  “I am woman, hear me roar!”  Nick helped me put it together last night & it took us about 2 hours.  I love it so much already & how great it looks w/ all my Project Life stuff on it!!!

I am linked up over at The Mom Creative.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY Y’ALL!!!

2 comments:

Jen T said...

What a fun New Year's Day tradition! I bet that was cold!!! Love your new shelf! Your Honey edition looks great. I am using Jade this year. Have a great week! And the strawberry cheesecake recipe my daughter made was just on the kraft website, look up Philadelphia New York-style strawberry swirl cheesecake

packmom said...

Looks like a fabulous start to the new year. Oh my-- the polar bear dip is so crazy but at least you have the hot tub right there to help instantly warm back up. Great picture with everyone squeezed into that hot tub. LOL! How fun!! Your IKEA purchase is perfect for project life. I'm seriously thinking of getting one for displaying Legos in our playroom. I have got to get those things off the floor and organized in some way.