CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Children Have Become The Parents

IMG_2241 I know this picture is blurry & grainy & the lighting isn’t very good.  But, I had to post it b/c of how funny it is.  We were eating dinner & I noticed that both Mom & Dad were on their cell phones.  I leaned over to Nick and said, “I thought we weren’t allowed to have cell phones at the dinner table.  I guess we’ll have to be the parents & tell our ‘kids’ that they can’t have cell phones during dinner time.”  We both got a good laugh out of it.  Mom had actually been talking to Aunt Jana before we sat down to dinner & Dad got a work call while we were eating.  So both were legitimate reasons, but we still had to razz them about it when they hung up.  I told them the tides have turned and now the children have to start “parenting” the parents.

Autumn & I left after dinner so we could run by the store and get some groceries & a few treats for her to take to school for her birthday tomorrow.  While we were shopping, a calendar reminder went off on my phone.  Autumn had me put a calendar item in my phone yesterday to remember to wash her clothes for tomorrow so she could wear her favorite shirt & pants to school for her birthday.  What a funny kid!

No comments: