CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 17, 2014

Happy 7th Birthday, Autumn Bottom!

IMG_1244 I got up early this morning so I could get Autumn up in time for us to open a few presents & eat breakfast.  We usually just have to grab our breakfast to eat in the car on the way to school, but I wanted to make this morning nice & leisurely.  She picked Eggo chocolate chip waffles w/ Blue Bell strawberry ice cream on top.  She’s a girl after my own heart.

IMG_1245 Her 1st grade teacher said the school won’t allow parents to bring in treats to celebrate w/ their child (LAME), so I just had to send in some treats that the teacher handed out during snack time.  Y’all know I couldn’t just leave it at that, so I emailed her daycare earlier this week to see if I could bring treats to the class & they said of course.  I left work at 3:00, stopped at the $1 store to get some balloons, and Mom & Dad met me there at 3:30.  Dad cracked me up by wearing this birthday headband.  All of the little kids in the classrooms that we walked past came running to the window to see the balloons going down the hall.  It was so cute!!!

IMG_1249 We walked in & started singing, “Happy birthday to you.”  Her classmates started singing too, and she was just beaming.  She handed out some Little Debbie heart cakes & drinks to all of her classmates.

IMG_1252 I’m so glad we were able to celebrate Autumn w/ her classmates, b/c she sees them everyday & spends so much time w/ them.  I’m so thankful that Mom & Dad live close & take an active part in our lives.  I hope someday Autumn appreciates how blessed & lucky she is to have them in her life.

IMG_1256 After that we rushed over to the Dakins to have a birthday party/sleepover.  When I went to California back in September & the Dakins watched Autumn for me for 3 days, I told Deb that if I could ever return the favor then to let me know.  Last month she asked if I could watch her kids overnight so she & her husband could go out to celebrate his birthday.  It was a complete surprise to him.  I’m so glad that she would ask, b/c some people would feel like they were imposing.  But, I offered and meant it and am thrilled that she took me up on it.  When her husband got home from work at 4:00 they left and we started the party.  We had a dance party, they had pizza delivered, we ate dinner, opened presents, and watched Madagascar 2.

IMG_1259 After the movie we did cake & candles.  Do you think she likes being the center of attention?  LOL!  Her gift from the Dakins was this cute messenger bag that she spent most of the night coloring.  After cake, we had a glow-in-the-dark dance party.  We turned off all the lights and used some fun glow sticks that Deb had left for us.  I put them all to bed at 7:40, and enjoyed the quiet house.

IMG_2245I was so tired and should have gone to bed, but I got sucked into watching the Season II finale of Sherlock on PBS.  I’ve never seen Sherlock on PBS before, but it was GOOD!!!  I finally dragged myself to bed at 11:30 b/c I know the kids will be up early.

No comments: