CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year 2014 & Our Annual New Year’s Polar Bear Dip

IMG_2171 I let Mom & Dad sleep in this morning, b/c Mom was tired from being down & Lexie’s & getting up in the night w/ Adam & then driving home last night.  Plus, we were up late for New Year’s.  Jackson & Andrew got up at 6:30, so I got up w/ them & put on cartoons.  For breakfast I fried up our last pan of scrapple.  I was so worn out by 8:30 that the kids were sweet enough to lotion my feet & give me a back massage.  I could get used to this, and it was a great way to start the first day of 2014!  Hopefully this is a good sign of good things to come.

P1110440 Mom got on a cleaning spree b/c of the pool party here later on today.  She decided to get rid of her extensive salt & pepper shaker collection.  Some of these she’s had for a long time, & I was especially sad that the watermelon one broke & we had to throw it away.

P1110442 At 2:00 the masses descended on our house for our Annual New Year’s Polar Bear Dip!!!  The “great room” was completely full of people who were eating good food, talking & laughing.  Talk about having our “cups running over!”  I love it!!!!!!

IMG_5962 After our tummies were full of good food, it was time for some CRAZINESS!!!  One by one we jumped into the super cold water.  It was about 40 degrees and was definitely a shock to the system.  I loved capturing people’s faces as they came up out of the water.  LOL!

IMG_5963 I love the look of concern on her face.  It’s like she’s saying, “save me, Papa!  Save me!!!”

IMG_5976 Here’s all the crazy people that jumped into the pool.  I almost got out of jumping in this year b/c I was taking pics.  But, Kelsey noticed I hadn’t gotten in yet, so I was busted.  I jumped in after I took this picture.

IMG_5996 Ok, so the funniest thing happened.  Andrew was sticking his hand in the cold pool water & splashing Papa.  So, when Andrew wasn’t looking, Papa picked him up & threw him into the pool.  Andrew was NOT HAPPY & went over to Mimi, who gave him snuggles.  She also snuck him a red plastic cup so he could fill it up & dump it on Papa.  Right when Andrew went to throw it on Papa, Papa held up Jackson (who was sitting on his lap)!!!  Poor Jackson got a cup full of freezing cold water right in his face.  We were laughing SO HARD for a LONG TIME!  It was hilarious.  Mom was LIVID w/ Dad & told him he had to revoke his Papa card & his pediatrician card for doing that to his grandsons.  The rest of us loved it and were laughing hysterically.  As penance, Papa just happened to be sitting on the edge of the hot tub & just happened to let the kids push him in again.

IMG_5998 This picture is just too precious.  Even after Papa used Jackson as a shield against the cold water, Jackson is reaching out his hand to pull Papa into the hot tub.  He’s also loosing his swim trunks, but doesn’t care.  SO CUTE!!!

P1110448 After all that fun & excitement we opened our white elephant presents.  I actually got a really good one ... a gift card to Subway!  No one wanted to challenge me for it by jumping in again, & I was glad b/c Autumn & I will for sure use it.  We came back inside to warm up & watch some football & eat some more.  There were people everywhere, and that made me so happy to be surrounded by family & friends who were enjoying themselves.

IMG_2172Tonight when we got home, I got Autumn to bed since tomorrow is back to daycare & work for us.  She started crying about 10 minutes after I put her to bed & I went in there to see what was wrong.  She had pulled out one of her loose teeth (she’s got 3 loose ones).  It bled quite a bit, as you can see on this tissue.  This was the 4th one we had gone through.  I guess the tooth fairy will be “paying” us a visit tonight.  What a fun way to spend & end our first day in 2014!!!

No comments: