CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Miracles & Blessings

IMG_2358I was SOOOO looking forward to lunch today, b/c I had saved 1/2 of my Cafe Rio burrito & some creamy tomatillo dressing.  It was so good and my mouth was so happy.

IMG_2359 We got to Facetime w/ Nate & Riannon & Baby Olivia tonight.  They called to let us know that a fire had broken out at their house, but luckily no one was hurt!!!  Nate was cleaning out the embers from the fire and put them in a bag out on the back patio.  He had checked them to make sure they were cold, and that there were no hot spots.  Riannon’s Mom is there visiting them and decided to stay up late to watch a movie.  It’s a good thing she did, b/c she noticed 6 foot flames out on the patio.  Nate ran out there and the embers had caught fire and had reached a patio chair cushion!  He was able to put it out before any of the flames reached the house or their pile of firewood.  Riannon said, “It was very scary for us and something I'll never forget. I have to believe Heavenly Father had been watching us and teaching us a lesson. It was a moment that brought us all together and created a new bond between Nate, my mom and I. If my mom hadn't been here and still awake watching a show, our house would have been seriously damaged rather then just a burnt lawn cushion.”  It was a true miracle, and we are so grateful! 

IMG_2360Tonight when we got home, there was a little present sitting on our doorstep.  Autumn went & got it while I was schlepping all our stuff into the house.  Once I had a chance to look at what it was, I have to admit that I shed a few tears of gratitude.  There was no note, so I’m not positive as to who left it, but I have a pretty good idea.  This is so over-the-top thoughtful, b/c I had just mentioned in passing a few weeks ago on a Facebook post that my VCR had eaten my copy of Anne of Green Gables.  I know this DVD copy isn’t cheap, b/c I had looked into purchasing it.  I am just so touched and overcome that someone would be so kind and generous.  Plus, that mug is TOTALLY me, and it’s filled w/ 3 different types of gourmet hot chocolate.  Autumn was especially excited about the Dove chocolates.  My cup runneth over!!!

No comments: