CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Snow & A “Fancy” Dinner By Myself

P1110500We woke up this morning to snow on the roads!  School wasn’t cancelled b/c the snow was more swirly than actually sticking.

IMG_2325 However, that changed as the day progressed.  I fishtailed 3 times on my way into work and it FREAKED ME OUT!!! Once I actually got to work and was safe, it was beautiful to sit and watch the big Utah-like snowflakes falling out the window.

IMG_2326It stayed below freezing the whole day, so I was thankful that I left some Friendship Tea mix at work.  It helped to warm up my hands and insides. My boss let me leave early so I wouldn’t have to deal w/ the snow AND 5:00 traffic.  I left at 3:30, and the main roads weren’t bad at all.  I just had to be cautious on the side roads.

IMG_2329 When Autumn & I got home, I got busy making a super fancy dinner (Hamburger Helper & veggies).  She went in her room, and I thought she was in there playing.  But when I went to tell her dinner was ready, she was sound asleep … I’m talking about snoring and drooling!  I was just going to sit on the couch and eat dinner while watching TV, but I decided to go sit in the formal dining room & eat my “fancy” dinner in a “fancy” way.  If I was a wine drinker (which I’m not) then this would have been the perfect time to break out a bottle of fancy wine.  Instead, I just ate slowly and enjoyed the quiet and sipped on my fancy tap water.

IMG_2330I did eventually go wake her up, b/c if I let her sleep too long then she wouldn’t go to bed tonight.  Plus, we needed to do her reading homework.  Liz texted me and was going stir crazy w/ Jacob, so they came over to say hi.  She brought us some cheesecake chimichangas to try.  HOLY MOLY!  They were absolutely heavenly!!!  This is dangerous, b/c we have a Taco Bueno literally 1.5 minutes from my house.  It was fun having Liz & Jacob here.  Autumn & Jacob would go upstairs to get a toy & then come down & play w/ it and then take it back upstairs.  I love sitting and talking to Liz b/c we just “get” each other and can be our real selves w/ each other.

No comments: