CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Adriatica Picnic

IMG_2466 I got up this morning and went to the temple to the 8:00 session.  I STILL haven’t gotten to see the newest temple video, but that is NOT the reason I go to the temple.  It was a great session and it was fun to have one of the Jones boys & Pres. & Sis. Wright in the same session.  Sis. Wright said it’s their 34th wedding anniversary.  What a great way to spend your anniversary!!!  I LOVED seeing the beautiful Spring flowerbeds around the temple.  Spring is by far my favorite time of year.

IMG_2473 I came home and did some cleaning & laundry.  Then Autumn & I gathered up our stuff and hit the road.  We stopped at Market Street and got some penne dolcelatta to share and we headed out to one of our favorite places.  It’s a whole subdivision that’s based on a Croatian seaside village.  It makes me so happy yet also so homesick for Slovenija all at once.  We went out on this dock in the middle of the pond that we had all to ourselves, and had our picnic lunch.  Yes, that is a massively huge mansion behind her.

IMG_2474 This was our view as we sat and ate our picnic … GORGEOUS!  They sky was so blue, not a cloud in the sky, and 78 degrees w/ a light breeze.  It was practically paradisiacal!

IMG_1363 After our bellies were completely full, we went and put the blanket & left over food in the car.  We decided to walk around the subdivision and check things out.  Autumn wanted to use this umbrella to keep the sun off of her b/c she said it was too hot on her.  We climbed up to the top of these stairs and sat and watched a turtle swimming around in the pond below us for a good 30 minutes.  It was fun to watch him dive down and disappear and then he’d resurface to get some air.

IMG_1360 I took 30 plus pictures of all the incredible doors, details, arches & architecture.  Look at how ornate this one small balcony was!  There has been a LOT of new construction here since the last time we were here in 2012.  They finished a big parking garage and are now working on some huge apartment buildings.

IMG_2475 Autumn really liked the church & bridges.

IMG_1367 We found some great photo ops.

IMG_1386 There were a man & woman walking around and he had a fancy camera & tripod & equipment.  I don’t know if it was a professional photo shoot or not?  Autumn was watching them, and when I told her to smile for the camera she kept striking these poses like the lady was doing.  LOL.

IMG_1389 I have no idea where she gets this drama from??? (wink wink)

IMG_1393 We had a good time walking around and checking stuff out.

IMG_1394 We went over to this fountain in the middle of the road.  She walked all the way around it.

IMG_1398 Again w/ the “model” poses.  What a kid.

IMG_1402 We had to get a selfie.

IMG_1403 We were there for 2 hours and had such a great time.  These street signs make me so happy.  It makes me want to go back to Slovenija right away.  I just wish it weren’t so darn expensive!

IMG_1406We came over to Mom & Dad’s house to just veg and relax and watch Disney Junior.  Maggie came over and was here for a long time just talking and catching up.  I just love her to pieces.  We spent the evening watching the recorded episodes of Big Bang Theory & Modern Family that we had missed this week.  We also watched the episode of Undercover Boss w/ the Utah Jazz.  It was good.  Autumn & I finally came home at 8:30 and I got her to bed and did more laundry.  I’m so tired of all this lice laundry and am ready to be done w/ it.

No comments: