CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 14, 2014

Fun Friday Finds

IMG_2566 Here’s the little present that we put together for Autumn’s teacher.  It’s just a box of Lucky Charms w/ a small Mason jar full of Rolos & Reese’s mini cups (b/c they have gold wrappers) w/ a cute tag from HERE.  Autumn wrote her a little note on the back of the tag.  The reason Autumn wore her green shamrock shirt & cute green top hat clips is b/c it’s Spring Break next week.

IMG_2572 I got this pack of 3 folders from the $1 Spot at Target last night.  It’s such a small thing, but these bright and happy colors make such a big difference sitting on my desk instead of the plain manila colored ones.  LOVE IT!

IMG_2579Autumn’s daycare was closed today for an offsite teacher training, so the Dakins picked her up for me after school & just kept her at their house to play until I got of work.  They are so good to us!!!  Autumn & I went to Subway for dinner tonight b/c we had a gift card.  Then we ran by the $1 Store to see if they had any St. Patrick’s Day containers for more teacher gifts on Monday.  They had WAY MORE than we needed and I went a little overboard w/ those cute favor boxes.  I couldn’t help myself, plus I know I can use them for gifts or in Young Women’s.  SO FUN!!!

IMG_2574Since Autumn had been such an angel girl while we were shopping (and as a kick off to Spring Break), I surprised her by pulling into the McDonald’s parking lot instead of going home.  We each got a $1 cone and then she went off to run around the playground area w/ a friend from daycare that just happened to be there.  It was a great way for her to burn off some energy & have fun doing kid stuff.

I feel bad that we aren’t going anywhere or doing anything fun for Spring Break like other families are, but I just can’t take that much time off of work.  So, I try to do fun little things like this instead.  I’m so thankful that her daycare is open all next week so she can be there while I’m working.  They joys of being a single parent!

No comments: