CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Open House Night

IMG_2562 Tonight was Open House at school, and Autumn was so excited to show me all the great things she had been working on.  They had to do an animal poster about their body, habitat, life cycle & food chain.  I was super impressed that they even had the kids record themselves reading all the words on the poster and had a QR code of it.  Earlier in the week I had downloaded one onto my phone & it was cool to use it for the first time tonight.  Technology is so incredible.

IMG_2654 The Dakins has texted and said they were going out to Dairy Queen to celebrate the kids’ academic achievements, so we decided to join them.  I can’t remember the last time I went to Dairy Queen!  We hadn’t eaten dinner yet, so I got a hamburger & fries to share w/ Autumn & she got a Blizzard.  I was very impressed w/ DQ’s fries … they were super good.  The kids had fun eating and talking and laughing and being silly.  We’re so thankful for their friendship!

IMG_2565We came home, did some reading, and I got Autumn to bed.  When Nick got home from work, I went to Target at 10:30 to see if they had any cute St. Patrick’s Day containers for a present for Autumn’s teacher tomorrow.  The St. Patrick’s Day stuff was pretty picked over, but I still managed to find WAY MORE than I had planned on at the $1 Spot!  I’m all set for end-of-the-year teacher gifts & other sundry things I didn’t need.  I LOVE shopping at night when the store is practically empty!

No comments: