CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Joy Of Making New Friends So Easily

 

IMG_2878Autumn got to go on a field trip today, and Deb was there w/ her son and texted me 9 different pictures of Autumn.  I honestly got teary eyed at how kind & thoughtful that was of Deb to do that!  It meant so much to me, especially since I don’t get to go on the field trips w/ Autumn.  Mom called & said everyone was on their own tonight, so Autumn & I went to McDonald’s b/c she wanted to play & we had a coupon.  After we ate, we went in the play area & Autumn started playing this snowman game.  This cute little girl was sitting at the table next to us & heard us having fun, so she left her game & came and sat at our table.  I just LOVE it how kids are able to make new friends so quickly & easily.  It’s sad that we lose that ability as we get older.  Ah, the joy & innocence of youth.  After Autumn’s game was over, the screen flashed that she was the highest scorer.  The program prompted her to enter her name and she put, “Autumn And …” and she turned to the little girl and told her to put her name in too!  My Mama heart was so happy & full to overflowing b/c of my Autumn girl.

IMG_2879 They ran off to play for a while, and then we had to leave at 7:00 so we could come home and get Autumn’s reading homework done.  Autumn picked this book to read, which is one she hasn’t read before.  It had a lot of challenging words for a 1st grader, and she was ready to give up, but she kept on going w/ just a little help from me on the hard words.  She’s turned into a great little reader, and one of my favorite parts of the day is snuggling up on the couch together and listening to her read.

1 comment:

Mary said...

It is sad that it becomes more difficult to make friends as we get older. But it is fun watching our children make new friends. :) Your little girls is so adorable. :)

Mary from NH