CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Hot Walk & Blue Face Masks

IMG_3754 Church was really emotional today b/c all of the Lewis family (their wife/Mom/Grandma died in a horrible car accident last Friday) were in our ward today & it was fast & testimony meeting.  I’m so thankful for the plan of salvation & the knowledge that families can be together forever and that death isn’t the end.  It was nice to not have to teach today or have meetings or anything after church.  Autumn & I came home, changed, and went over to Mom & Dad’s.  We had roast, gravy, stuffing, and green beans out of the garden for dinner.  Mom forgot she had signed up to feed the missionaries, but it wasn’t a big deal b/c we had so much food.  They came over and after they ate, Dad took pics of them in the Corvette & texted it to their parents.  LOL!  After dinner, Autumn wanted to go on a walk.  It was so stinkin’ humid and 90* hot, but we went anyways.

IMG_3755 As we were walking, I had a kairos moment where time stood still and I couldn’t believe how grown up and mature and yet sweet and innocent my Autumn girl was.  It’s a moment I want to freeze and remember forever.  After church today I got the chance to teach her about how to use her good looks & popularity for good instead of bad.  I hope she always uses any influence she has for making others feel loved and included.

IMG_3764 After our walk, we needed to cool down so we went and laid on Mom & Dad’s bed w/ the fan on high and watched the updated version of Johnny Lingo.  It’s great b/c I got my Polynesian fix while watching a good and uplifting Sunday movie w/ Autumn.  Riannon was doing a face mask, so Autumn wanted in on it.  She had me put it on her, and then she put mine on for me.

IMG_3766 “I feel pretty, oh so pretty.  I feel pretty and witty and bright.  And I pity any girl who isn’t me tonight. La la la la la la la la la.”

No comments: