CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 13, 2014

Spending Friday the 13th At The Temple

P1110864 I left work 15 min early today b/c I had to go drop off some FedEx packages, grab a bite to eat, and be to the church by 5:30.  Traffic was awful, and I was about 5 minutes late getting to the church.  When I got there, I realized they didn’t even need me b/c everyone already had rides and 2 Mom’s of the kids going on the temple trip were there.  But, I decided to still go anyways and I am SO GLAD I did!!!  First of all, I have to say how much I love and appreciate these great youth.  They had been asked to find a family name to take to the temple, and a lot of them did.  I’m proud of them for being worthy to go to the temple.  One thing I noticed is that they can’t “unplug” very well b/c a few of them brought their cell phones into the temple & were playing games on them!!!  I asked them to put their phones away and let them know cell phones should not be in the temple.

P1110865 While our youth were getting baptized, a cute older Hispanic lady came in & wanted to know if she could do some family names she had brought.  They had her sit next to Ashley, and Ashley later told me that she had had an impression this morning that she needed to brush up on her Spanish!  Ashley was able to translate for this Hispanic sister!!!  When this sister went into the water to be baptized for the names she had brought, she started sobbing uncontrollably.  The Spirit was SO STRONG and I’m so thankful our youth got to be there to feel that and realize how important these ordinances are for those who have passed on and can’t do them for themselves.

Plus, while in the temple 2 of the young men that I was sitting by opened up to me and basically shared their testimonies with me.  It was such a sacred and special experience for me.  I felt so honored that they felt comfortable enough to talk to me about those things.

When we were leaving Pres. Thomas that there had been a small miracle at the temple today.  He said both of the dryers in the laundry room had been broken, and today they both started working!  That was a miracle b/c no one had repaired them, and there were a LOT of youth that came through to do baptisms for our Stake Temple Day, which means a LOT of laundry to do.  Even though it meant time away from Autumn, I’m SO THANKFUL I was there in the temple and got to experience those things w/ these incredible youth.

We didn’t get back until 9:30, so Mom & Dad just kept Autumn & let her sleep in the special bed.  As soon as Nick walked in the door from work, I decided I wanted to go see Maleficent.  So, he changed clothes and we jumped in the car & went to the 10:15 showing.  It was a good movie and was very well done, but it wasn’t my cup of tea.  I’m glad I saw it, but it’s not one I would go out of my way to see a 2nd time.  The moon tonight was so big & bold & bright!  I loved it!!!

No comments: