CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Let’s Go Lions & My Last Single Adult Dance

IMG_4702 Today is Bishop Atkinson’s birthday, so we woke up early and went to the best doughnut shop in town and got a dozen doughnuts.  Then we door bell ditched them on his front porch.  It’s so fun to be sneaky and take off down the street w/out being caught.  We circled around the block and were so happy to see they were gone when we drove by again.  We came home & hurried and got ready for Autumn’s cheer game at 9:00.  We got there early and she was the only cheerleader out on the track for a while.

IMG_2567 I was glad this game was at an actual stadium instead of just the park field.  It was good for the girls to not be able and go talk to their parents.  Plus, I actually paid attention to the football game this time.  I didn’t think it was going to be very hot b/c the game was in the morning, but I was wrong.  The sun came out and it got really hot!

IMG_2573 Here are the Lady Lions doing their half time cheer.

IMG_2577 Autumn always tells me this is harder than it looks to have this girl step on her leg.  It was a good game, we won, and the cheerleaders did GREAT!  It’s funny to me that the parents of the cheerleaders are so much louder and rowdier than the parents of the football players.  We for sure out cheer them!

IMG_4704 We came home and relaxed for a while and then at noon we went over to my new YW Secretary’s house.  I’m SO THANKFUL to finally have a secretary so I can hand a lot of the busy work off to her.  After that we went over to Mom & Dad’s house, and then I left at 7:00 to go to a Single Adult dance.  Our stake was in charge of it this month, and we did a football theme.  There were only 3 of us ladies that had to do all the food and set up b/c the men didn’t show up to set up like they were supposed to.  Plus, the DJ forgot a cord he needed so he had to go back home and get it.  The 8:30 dance didn’t start until 9:00, but it all worked out fine.  This was the only pic I took all night. 

I’m so glad this is my last Single Adult thing to be in charge of, b/c I can’t be on the SA Committee AND be YWPresident!  We didn’t have a very good turn out (only about 70 people), even though we did a good job of getting the word out.  Oh, well.  Those that came had a great time.  We got everything cleaned up and packed back into our cars by 11:30 and I was home by midnight.

No comments: