CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Cheer, Fall Fest, Fender Bender & Trunk-or-Treat #2

IMG_2791 Autumn & I got up early this morning and got her ready for cheer.  I dropped her off 2 hours before the game, b/c they’re trying to get in as much practice as possible before the cheer off.  I went to Mom & Dad’s house to use the internet and then went back over to the fields when it was time for the game.  This is them sitting on the field during halftime and watching the cheerleaders from the other team perform.  They’re such cute girls & I’m so glad Autumn has bonded so well w/ them.

IMG_2793 This was at the end of their half time show.  Autumn’s face in this pic CRACKS.ME.UP!  She went down too hard on her butt while doing the splits and it shows in her facial expression!  Nate & Riannon & Olivia joined us for the 2nd half of the game.  All the cheer Moms were oohing and ahhing over how cute Olivia is.  I was holding Olivia on my lap and had her doing the cheer moves w/ the cheerleaders, which made them all smile and laugh.

IMG_2802 As soon as the game was over we went to Autumn's daycare for their Fall Fest.  We got there and got right on the hayride.  It was a big trailer w/ bales of hay on it that was pulled behind a truck.  We got to go “off roading” in the nearby field and a good time was had by all.  I tried thinking of some Halloween songs we could sing, but couldn’t come up with any!

IMG_2806 It was really warm today, so as soon as the hayride was over we went inside to cool off.  Each classroom was set up w/ a different activity.  In this room the kids got to hold these cool bubbles.  I guess they were super cold, b/c they had to wear gloves in order to touch the bubbles.  We walked around to the different classrooms and then ended up in the treats room.  We got some cookies, witches brew, and 7 layer dip w/ chips.

IMG_2819 Nate is such a goober & insisted on getting a family pic by the bales of hay.

IMG_2822 Me & My Cheerleader

IMG_2825 When we got home, I learned a lesson in patience.  Riannon was parking their new car, but it was taking her a while to get the car in the spot the way she wanted.  Plus, then they would have had to get Olivia out before I could park, so I just pulled onto the front lawn & parked there.  Nick went to leave for work after lunch & came back in to tell me he had hit my car!!!  I went out and he had somehow gone off the driveway and way onto the grass where I was parked and scratched up my back fender.  I was surprisingly calm about the whole thing.  I’m glad this is all it was and that no one was injured and that he didn’t do this to a stranger’s car.

IMG_2830 Autumn & I had fun watching the birds take a bath on the hot tub ledge.  We LOVE seeing this bright red Cardinal.  He kept puffing up his wings and would lay down in the water and then shake it off (cue Taylor Swift song).

IMG_2837 Around 3:00 we left and went to Sonic to get a drink for one of the Laurels that taught last Sunday.  It was her first time teaching and she did a GREAT job, so I wanted to tell her thank you.  We dropped off the Sonic drink and came home to have some peace & quiet for a while.  Then we got ready for Mom & Dad’s ward’s Trunk-or-Treat.  Autumn wanted a pic of her “white flowy things flying in the wind.”  What a kid!

IMG_2849For dinner there were all sorts of chili, cornbread, muffins, and all the fixin’s.  Autumn also did the cake walk and had fun w/ that.  Autumn & Olivia liked going on this train ride that was pulled around the field by a 4 wheeler.

IMG_2854 We had to stop and get a pic at this great fall backdrop.

IMG_2858 I can only pull off the “Official 8 Cow Woman” thing at a Mormon party.  On Halloween night I’ll just have to go as a Polynesian Princess.

IMG_2865 Like I said before … Elsa is the most popular costume this year.  Look at these 4 enchanting Elsas!

IMG_2868Nate said he had to get a pic w/ the horse, b/c he’s a pony after all.  His eyes look so red & creepy b/c he had Lasik surgery a few days ago.  I guess it fits in w/ the whole Halloween theme.

IMG_2878 After all that fun & excitement, it was time for the actual Trunk-or-Treat.  Autumn is not your typical kid when it comes to Halloween candy.  Instead of running around and trying to get as much candy as she could, she sat in the back of the truck & handed out the candy that she got at our TOTreat last night!  She loves candy, don’t get me wrong, but she’d rather give than receive.  I LOVE that about her!!!  We have had 2 busy & FUN PACKED days in a row!

No comments: