CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 24, 2014

My Birthday

IMG_2739 I’ve been celebrating my birthday all week, but today is my actual birthday.  I got up this morning and was so pleasantly surprised to find all these happy yellow suns on my door w/ sweet notes from the Young Women on them!

IMG_2742 Inside the yellow bag were a bunch of fun yellow items.  Who doesn’t love receiving a bag of sunshine?

P1120307 As I was getting ready this morning, I hit “shuffle” on my iPod playlist, and the first song that played was “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole.  That was one of mine & Tara’s favorite songs.  I’m pretty sure she also had something to do with arranging this gorgeous sunset for my birthday.  They were 2 small, but very meaningful tender mercies that let me know Tara was thinking of me on my birthday.  Thanks for the birthday presents, Tara!!!

IMG_2744 I usually ask for my birthday off, but just didn’t feel right about asking this year.  Well, now I understand why … both my bosses were out of town unexpectedly today and with my co-worker still out b/c of the death of her husband, there was no one here to hold down the fort.  So, I’m glad I didn’t ask for it off.  Mom & Nick & Riannon & Olivia brought lunch (Greek gyros), and we ate together in the conference room.  That was so nice of them to do that for me!

IMG_2752 As soon as I picked up Autumn from daycare, we rushed home and were greeted by this wonderful sight!  Someone had lined my driveway w/ balloons that were held down by big lollipops.  Someone else had left a big potted mum plant w/ balloons tied to the door.  Someone else had tied balloons to either side of the doorway!  I got teary eyed when I saw it.  I also had over 100 Happy Birthday messages on Facebook along with a bunch of text messages.  It meant so much to me for people to take time out of their day to make me feel important & special. 

IMG_2750 I hurried and got Autumn ready, and she is the most beautiful Elsa!  Elsa & Anna for were for sure the most popular costumes of the evening!

IMG_2757 Nate, Riannon, & Olivia came as 1980’s cartoon characters.  Nate was Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony, Riannon was Grumpy Bear from Care Bears, and Olivia was a Cabbage Patch doll.  Mom is so stinkin’ talented b/c she made Nate & Riannon’s costumes!

IMG_2763 Autumn was obviously Elsa, and I wanted a reason to wear all my Polynesian stuff so I pinned a sign to my shirt that says, “Official 8 Cow Woman.”  Now all I need is my Johnny Lingo!

IMG_2771As you can see, we had a great turn out for the ward Trunk-or-Treat, especially since this is just the kids!  They had hot dogs, bratwurst, homemade root beer, and all sorts of side dishes.  I was getting my food when a few people that know it is my birthday started singing “Happy Birthday” to me.  Pretty soon, the whole ward was singing to me!  I’m sure my cheeks were bright red.  After we ate & socialized it was time for the kids’ favorite part … CANDY!!!  I’m so thankful to have such a wonderful ward.  Autumn & I feel so loved and accepted.  What a great way to end my birthday!

No comments: