CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Cheering At SMU Stadium & General Conference

IMG_2598 Autumn and I got up this morning at 7:30 and had a relaxing morning.  We watched cartoons & I made blueberry muffins w/ some bulk mix I got at Winco.  They were really good & were easy, b/c I just had to add water.  We got ready and left to head down to the SMU campus in Dallas.  It’s “Stadium Week” for all the teams, and her team got chosen to play at SMU!  I have never been there before and it’s a gorgeous campus.  We had to stop and get a pic near the mustangs statue.

IMG_4806 She was surprised at how big the stadium was.  There were SO MANY monarch butterflies all over the whole time we were there.  It was really cool to watch them.

IMG_2609It was fun for the football players & the cheerleaders to be in such a big stadium.  They even had the announcer introduce each football player over the loud sound system.  It was so fun to see the football players go running through the sign.

IMG_2618 Autumn did such a great job and is such a leader on the team.  I just love her to pieces.

IMG_2625 During half time our girls got to go out into the middle of the field to perform.  The announcer introduced each of the girls by name over the loud sound system.  When he said their name, each girl took a step forward and shook their pom poms.  This was obviously Autumn’s turn.

IMG_2634 Our cheerleaders were really loud and did a great job.  It’s always funny to me that us cheer parents are louder than the football parents.

IMG_2647 We lost to the other team (6 to 0), but it was a great experience and I’m so glad our kids got this chance.  GO LIONS!!!

IMG_4813 It usually would take us 40 minutes to get home, but a truck had lost its load of sheet metal on the freeway, so it took us 2 hours to get home!  We were both super hungry by this point b/c it was 3:30 and we hadn’t had lunch. We went to Sonic for half price drinks & to get some food.  Autumn took a taste of her drink and said disappointedly, "you shouldn't have ordered me what I asked for!" I couldn't help but laugh out loud for real!!! I guess she wanted a strawberry shake but she said a strawberry slush. #firstworldproblems

IMG_4819 We came home and watched the last part of the 2nd session of General Conference.  It was so good, and Elder Holland is always one of my favorites.  It was so cool to see that General Conference was the #1 trending topic on Facebook! #sharegoodness #ldsconf

IMG_4817We are SO GLAD that Mom & Dad got home from their vacation.  This picture of Olivia cracks me up.  She was playing w/ these foam squares and kept putting them over her head.  We watched the Priesthood session together, and I especially loved Elder Erying’s talk, b/c he said things that I SOOOOOOO needed to hear. It's an answer to my prayer about how to help the Young Women!!!

No comments: