CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 5, 2014

General Conference Sunday

IMG_4842 Since we would be coming over in the morning to watch General Conference anyways, Autumn & I spent the night at Mom & Dad’s last night.  Mom & I got up this morning and got busy cooking & baking.  We made a batch of butterhorn rolls, garlic mashed potatoes, and a beef stroganoff type gravy.

IMG_4836General Conference was really good, and Autumn enjoyed getting to eat the treats w/ the picture of the Apostle that spoke.  Although, she kept sneaking treats all day instead of just when that Apostle was speaking.  It really doesn’t matter as long as it helps her listen and pay attention.

IMG_2650 In between sessions, we had our super yummy lunch.  We are so glad that the Monzingos join us when they can.  They brought a delicious berry cobbler for dessert.  After I got all the dishes done, I went and watched last week’s episode of Downton Abbey Season 5 b/c I didn’t watch it last Sunday.  Now I’ll have to get caught up w/ episode 3 from today.

IMG_4847The last session of conference was really good and it made me laugh to already see quotes w/ fancy backgrounds up on Facebook 2 minutes after someone had spoken.  Technology is so amazing.  We spent the evening watching football and doing this fun puzzle Mom got.  Autumn is hiding behind her blanket b/c she’s tired and ready to go home to bed!

I’m so thankful for General Conference weekends where we can gather as a family, listen to the words of living a living Prophet & Apostles, and have my Spirit filled to overflowing.  What a great weekend!!!

No comments: