CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 20, 2014

My (Early) Birthday Dinner

P1120298 The sunrise this morning was crazy!  It was a fiery red and looked so cool!

P1120301 My birthday isn’t until Friday, but I have something going on every night this week except for tonight.  So, Mom made my birthday dinner.  I asked for chicken spaghetti, Oriental rice, steamed broccoli, and cheesecake for dessert.  I love that we have this tradition in our family.  I don’t know what we’ll do next year when Mom & Dad are gone on their mission!

P1120300This is a blurry pic, but I still had to include it.  My family (we’re missing a few people in this picture) is one of the greatest blessings in my life.  I can’t even imagine what my life would be like without them.  After dinner & dessert we had Family Home Evening.  Autumn taught the lesson on 1 Nephi 2:1-4.  Autumn & I had read that yesterday before church & had a good discussion, so I knew she would do a great job giving the lesson for FHE.  We had a GREAT & thought provoking discussion all together on only those 4 short verses. 

For the activity Autumn had everyone write on a piece of paper the things that Lehi & his family had to leave behind.  Then she had them write all the things they DID take.  Then she had us write some of the “precious things” we have to leave behind in order to follow the prophet.  Finally she had us write what are some things we would take with us if we were asked to leave our homes & travel in the wilderness.  I’m so proud of her for doing such a wonderful job.

No comments: