CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Gracie Dress

IMG_4931It was SO NICE having 2 weeks off from regular church obligations due to General Conference & then we had Stake Conference the following week.  Today it was back to the usual busyness.  Autumn wanted to try on my beautiful necklace I got at my surprise party last night.  Mom got this dress for her at the kid’s consignment store, and I told Autumn (jokingly) that she’s never allowed to wear it again b/c it makes her look way too grown up.  Autumn of course loved hearing that & says it’s her “Gracie” dress b/c it makes her look like a teenage family friend we know and loved name Gracie.

Before church I made a pan of brownies and then we got ready for church and I dropped Autumn off at the Lee’s house so I could go to my meeting.  It was ward council, and I was in charge of the spiritual thought.  I shared some ideas from this incredible blog post from Daily Closer To Christ about, “Who is your Jethro?”  Sacrament meeting was good, and during the 2nd hour I went and sat w/ Sis. S’s class while she met w/ the Bishop.  Then during YW’s one of the Laurels taught our class for the first time and knocked it out of the park!!!  She did such a great job and was so prepared.  I am glad we made the switch and are having them teach once a month.  I think it’s going to be such a great thing for them.

After church we had a Laurel class presidency meeting at my house (which is why I had made the pan of brownies earlier in the day).  I really like short meetings, but this one was a little over an hour b/c we had a lot to go over.  I dropped the girls off at their houses, and then Autumn & I went over to Mom & Dad’s house.  I scarfed down some dinner and then went to BYD (Bishop’s Youth Discussion).  The Sister Missionaries led the discussion about  missionary work and did a fabulous job.

It was a LONG Sunday which was non-stop from 11:30 am – 8:30 pm.  But, I’m thankful I can serve and I have a much greater appreciation for people like Bishops & Stake Presidents who have a way more packed schedule than I do.  I’m grateful that I can contribute just a small part to helping others.

No comments: