CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Primary Program & Snuggles

IMG_5082 I got up this morning and made a double batch of Aunt Jeri’s taco soup.  My visiting teaching partner had a baby a few weeks ago & I got to take her family a meal today.  Since I had so much left over, I took some to Mom & Dad’s house and left it on the stove so they would all have something to eat when they got back from their church meetings.  Rufio fell straight backwards like a board yesterday while checking the mail and split her head open on the cement!  Luckily someone was driving by, saw it, stopped, and called 911.  Rufio is in ICU at the hospital b/c she had bleeding in her brain, but she will most likely be ok.  Mom wasn’t up for cooking today, so I’m really glad I could help her out.  The leaves on these trees in their neighborhood are turning vibrant fall colors and I love it!

IMG_5083 Autumn & I haven’t gotten a pic together in a long time.  Probably b/c when Nick takes them they turn out blurry like this.  Oh, well.  It’s better than nothing!

IMG_5086 Today was the Primary Program & Autumn did a FABULOUS job on her part.  She went about 12th in line and she was the first one to talk that had her lines memorized, and it made a big difference.  She got to say, “I can follow Jesus Christ by … (she chose to say being baptized).  By doing this I can return to live with Heavenly Father.”  I was so proud of her!  Abbey was there today too and before church started she came over and gave Autumn a blue horse necklace that matches her pink on and they say “Best Friends” on them.  SO STINKIN’ CUTE!!!

IMG_5091 I had to stay after church for Bishop’s Youth Council, and I made sure to bring some treats/cookies to share w/ the youth and leaders b/c we’re all so hungry by the time church is over.  I dropped the Young Women off at their homes after the meeting, and then went to pick up Autumn.  She had gone home after church w/ a family in our ward.  I’m so thankful for friends who are willing to help out!  This was the pretty sunset we got to see on our way to Papa & Mimi’s house.

IMG_5102 We had some dinner and watched some football.  Mom was in her room talking to Aunt Jana & getting an update on Rufio (who is improving).  She went in the other room for a second and we all piled into the bed.  We started laughing and said, “the family that snuggles together stays together.”  She came back in the room and just rolled her eyes and asked why we always follow her.  We told her it’s b/c she’s the heart of our home and we love being around her.

IMG_5104It had been a LONG day, but it wasn’t over yet.  Autumn & I got home and she told me she had homework that she needed to turn in tomorrow!  WHAT!?!?  So, we sat down at the kitchen table together so she could do it.  She did it all by herself and once she had her answer, she would double check her math on the calculator on my phone.  It was funny to see her say “YESSSSSSSS!” after each time she got it right.  I don’t know about y’all, but I don’t remember math problems being this hard when I was in 2nd grade!  She got it done and was 30 minutes late getting to bed, so hopefully she won’t be a bear in the morning.

No comments: