CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 17, 2014

Sleeping Sweetie & A Powerful Message

IMG_5147 I am so thankful that we didn’t have anything going on tonight.  After work/school we were able to just eat dinner and relax and not be in a rush.  After dinner we had FHE and then Autumn and I came home.  She took a shower and had me put curlers in her hair.  She looks so sweet & innocent & precious when she’s asleep.  I just love her so incredibly much!!!

IMG_5148I was reading the conference edition of the Ensign tonight before going to bed, and I was blown away by this talk by Elder Jorg Klebingat entitled “Approaching the Throne of God with Confidence.”  It is such a direct, timely, and powerful message!  It is DEFINITELY worth the few minutes it takes to read through it or listen to it HERE.  I think I’ll try and use this as a lesson in Young Women’s the next time I get to teach all of them together.  Here are his 6 suggestions for how to “dissipate these evil voices and restore to you the kind of peaceful assurance and spiritual confidence that is yours to have if you only want it.”

  1. Take responsibility for your own spiritual well-being.
  2. Take responsibility for your own physical well-being.
  3. Embrace voluntary, wholehearted obedience as part of your life.
  4. Become really, really good at repenting thoroughly and quickly.
  5. Become really, really good at forgiving.
  6. Accept trials, setbacks, and “surprises” as part of your mortal experience.

No comments: